MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, have any of you had fun with the steering mounted radio controls...the rest of the car works perfectly but the steering wheel Radio controls seem to have amind of their own. sometimes they work others times they wont. ive tried moving the steering adjustment in case the wires are trapped but to no avail. is this a common foible or am I on my own? the cruise control works perfectly.. however, A couiple of years ago I had a ZT as a company car and I 'think' that car was the same..... wots the answer guys??

Cheers

Jamie

G

·
try removing the plate underneath the eyebrow and checking that the white sensor is over one of the holes in the eyebrow. Also the sensor is affected by direct sunlight

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
If you have a Kenwood unit then the contorls wotrk by infra red sensor. As e668ecp says, the sensor is located under the eyebrow and pokes through a little hole. If it isn't poking (oo err missus) then it can't be received by the sensor on the hu.

Solutions are to not keep anything in the little cubby tray above the hu that may block the sensor path; to make sure the sensor is located in the hole, and if needed enlarge the hole to enable free transmission. The underside of the eyebrow just unclips if you need to get at the sensor.

hth

Mike :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chrislufc said:
Mine is the same. Sometimes works.....usually doesn't.

I'll try messing about with the eyebrow too!

Chris
Well I had a look today, the 'eye' is in the right place and the cubby hole is empty, but interestingly if you put your hand below the radio ... it seems to deflect the infa red signal and the darn thing starts working!! very odd. Im going to try moving the eye further out by fiddling with the hood or maybe drilling the hole closer to the edge so it gets a better view of the Radio.... failing that; ill try and move the Angle of the Radio body a little to face upwards slightly.

Jamie... biker with a speeding problem

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MikeM said:
Is there something you want to share with us Jamie?
Ha ha ha... very astute Mike...I need a slower bike!!! I sneezed the other day whilst out for a ride and during that milli second the bike hit mach 2.... my licence is feeling very fragile.... think id better go buy something more sedate.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
sorry to hear that mate :(

Apparently it is important to take care and watch the speedo as you get older, though I'm yet to experience the age thing myself :bgrin:

Look after that licence won't you...........

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Biker in a suit said:
Ha ha ha... very astute Mike...I need a slower bike!!! I sneezed the other day whilst out for a ride and during that milli second the bike hit mach 2.... my licence is feeling very fragile.... think id better go buy something more sedate.
Sneeze, thats a good one

Many years ago I had a very shiny pair of nylon leggings which I used to use in the rain

I worked for a Honda dealers part time and was returning a customers bike a CBR1000R, I sneezed and as I did so probably rolled the throttle back a bit which caused me a start sliding down the seat, now I had never ridden such a powerfull bike before and it had far more go than my XS850 the effect of sliding down the seat caused me to pull more on the throttle and hence a vicious circle by the time I had regained control my feet were off the pegs and it was doing an alarming speed, I then discovered it had very good brakes as well as I was getting very close to a roundabout!

Fortunately I don't think speed cameras existed then!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keith Alexander said:
Sneeze, thats a good one

Many years ago I had a very shiny pair of nylon leggings which I used to use in the rain

I worked for a Honda dealers part time and was returning a customers bike a CBR1000R, I sneezed and as I did so probably rolled the throttle back a bit which caused me a start sliding down the seat, now I had never ridden such a powerfull bike before and it had far more go than my XS850 the effect of sliding down the seat caused me to pull more on the throttle and hence a vicious circle by the time I had regained control my feet were off the pegs and it was doing an alarming speed, I then discovered it had very good brakes as well as I was getting very close to a roundabout!

Fortunately I don't think speed cameras existed then!
Ah ha... the slippery trouser syndrom...many a biker fell fowl of its dangers!! it still happens even in leathers! and I remember exactly the same happening to me when I bought my first GSX1100, I blipped the throttle, slipped backwards and couldnt shut the throttle without letting go of the bars!! not funny at 140mph! Not sure how this would go down in court tho... 'yes M' lord.... my slppery trousers caused me to break the spead limit'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts