MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of any body kit or rear / roof spoilers available for zt-t.

seen this one
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/cambs.mgoc/geneva2001/geneva15.jpg

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think you may find that is one aspect of the show car that never made it to production, along with the vents in the front wings and the exhausts, which certainly look different to the stock items on mine (and rather "chromier") :sad2:

I have seen a few threads on here asking the same question, and each time the question has been pretty much killed by the observation that the way in which the tailgate is hinged would make the fitting of a roof spoiler pretty much impossible, as it would just get squashed between the tailgate and the roof.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
I do like that !!! I would of thought the tailgate action would be ok, although I can forsee problems when just opening the rear screen.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
There isn't one :(

That MGR showcar in the pic had it's tailgate sealed shut and no aftermarket one has ever been made.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Don't let all this negativity get you down :bgrin:

If a bit of chicken wire, some zip ties and a bucket of papier maché is good enough for the Max Power Blue Peter badge holders with their 1.2 Novas, then it should jolly well be enough for us ZT-T owners!

Maybe the club could do a prize at the next meet for best home made spoiler?? :lol:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Womble said:
Don't let all this negativity get you down :bgrin:

If a bit of chicken wire, some zip ties and a bucket of papier maché is good enough for the Max Power Blue Peter badge holders with their 1.2 Novas, then it should jolly well be enough for us ZT-T owners!

Maybe the club could do a prize at the next meet for best home made spoiler?? :lol:
There you go Chris, another use for the pushchair once the kids get a bit older. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts