MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After smelling petrol fumes internally and externally i'm now told i need a new petrol tank!! (under warranty)

Car is currently at SMC slough but i'm being told that the fuel tank is on 'factory back-order' with no guaranteed delivery date!!

Is this normal, is there anyway i can get a new tank myself and get them to fit it...? From where? Rimmers?

thanks all

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Do you get the smell all the time, or only when you've recently filled up?

Had a problem on my ZT after the filter came apart - basically I'd not fitted the seal correctly, and fuel was peeing out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not fuel filter, had the car fully checked and the tank dropped, split near the top of tank...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Split??! Yikes!

Guess you could try Rimmers and XPart, don't know if SMC would pay for it though from them, no harm in trying I guess. Last resort, try a scrapyard too maybe

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Yes tell SMC to stop pratting you about and get off their butts and source one

Or if you bought the car from them you could strongly suggest they take one off a stock vehicle of which they probably still have millions kicking around

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fairly sure its the wrong one

Garage have now decided the wait for a factory order will be too long so theyre effectively writing the car off and have offered to eother source me another of similar spec or my money back!

If anyone has a 2.5 180+ auto ZT-T, loaded spec and in v good condition with sub 70k on the clock that they're looking to sell, i may be interested...?

Just let me know, thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
fairly sure its the wrong one

Garage have now decided the wait for a factory order will be too long so theyre effectively writing the car off and have offered to eother source me another of similar spec or my money back!

If anyone has a 2.5 180+ auto ZT-T, loaded spec and in v good condition with sub 70k on the clock that they're looking to sell, i may be interested...?

Just let me know, thanks

Looks like there are only 2 tanks....diesel or petrol, but probably acedemic if they're buying it back.

·
Registered
235 Posts
2.5 zt-t 180 plus

we have a zt-t 180 plus auto sub 70 (about 45k)with almost every extra
only missing traction and extra side airbags
otherwise
sunroof
power folding mirriors
heated seats
alcantara seats
highline hifi with tv and sat nav
vehicle intelligence pack inc parking senors
rain sensing wipers
roof rails
infomation pack
xenon pack
power wash head lamps
18 " alloys spoke
load space net

which all adds up to £5,000 worth of extras
also the previous owner added tv sceens in the front head rests
this has a playstation point so your kids can watch dvds or play play sation games in the rear with wire less head phones which cost £1500 odd to add
its a 180 + model auto on a 02 plate with 45,000 miles and fsh
might be intrested in selling ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts