MG-Rover.org Forums banner

ZT-T bluetooth help

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  bzzz 
#1 ·
I need a bluetooth handsfree kit in my zt-t

Can anyone recommend one, and has anyone fitted one themselves?

The type i'm after is the 'hidden'type which fits inline with the car stereo with a simple controller on the dash. Mutes the stereo when making receiving calls etc and runs through the car speakers

be grateful for any guidance on this subject whatsoever including details on installation, links to kit sites etc and details of kits available

thanks in advance all

#6 ·
hand free

hello
i have a nokia CK-7w kit
you will need to buy a autolead to go inbetween car harness and radio
possible of ebay or other internet source or even the high street?
try this site tell you most stuff http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/CK-7W.html

try other sites for unit or ebay again
last price i paid was 59.00 for ck-7w kit(works with any blutooth phone)
lead depends on car at worst 40 ish?
easy to fit if semmi compentant?
just get out radio
disconect
put lead in place
find somewhere to put the control box (behind radio? or behind glove box)
connect nokia kit to lead (all connections our included in th kit )
put all back and easy as that!!

would cost 100 odd for bits and 40-50 to fit if you dont feel up to it i would guess?
if not far from worcester i can help
regards
julian

#9 ·
Doh, should have mentioned that since i posted this thread i've purchased another ZT-T with the highline satnav/tv. (see my other thread for reason for replacement and just dont ask about the Car shop supermarket!!!)

What fitted bluetooth opions do i now have?

As a temporary solution i've purchased a new sony ericcson visor bluetooth car kit (HCB 120) - am i better off sticking with this and seeing how i get on?

thanks all

#11 ·
In Car Bluetooth for Hi-line Sat Nav

Doh, should have mentioned that since i posted this thread i've purchased another ZT-T with the highline satnav/tv. (see my other thread for reason for replacement and just dont ask about the Car shop supermarket!!!)

What fitted bluetooth options do i now have?
I fitted a Parrot CK3200 bluetooth hands free to my Hi-line Sat Nav, which routes telephone calls through the speakers, mutes the radio, pauses a tape or CD, and allows hands free voice comand dailing. comes complete with a small colour screen which will also display address book pictures if your phone has this function.

I've made a "How To" to show what's involved....

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3789

You will need to register to view the thread, but it's free to do so.

Hope this helps.

#10 ·
I've got a 2005 ZT-t with basic radio-cd, I have fitted a Parrot CK3100 which is superb, this can be fitted in about 30 minutes, my radio has sio connectors which are simply a plug in job, if you do not have these I think you can buy adaptor leads, I can thoroghly recommend this set up for about £75.

#14 ·
Just the Mute Wire? (Quick replies please doing tonight)

Hi,

Going to fit my Parrot Bluetooth in to the MG ZT 260 SE.

All I want to know as not fitting the kit that brings voice via in car speakers is where the mute wire is on the back...dont want to cut anything obviously!

I have the kit from My Rover 75 but its been butchered over the years to fit other cars. So just going to fit the standard Phone kit Speaker under the well.

Theres a yellow mute wire that gives eath out signal to tell the radio to mute..just want to know what to connect it to..

Speady reply would be great as going to start fitting after Tea tonight!!

#19 ·
Parrot ls 3200 bluetooth installed yesterday - superb bit of kit and pairs with the Blackberry pearl instantly.

Slight niggle, which the technician has had to go away and find out about, is a 'popping' sound through the car speakers just before receiving or making a call...? He's due to comeback to me in the next day or so

Any ideas...?

BTW cost £250 installed and watch the guy doing it - did a top job in under an hour. He commented on how good the ZTT is at all levels whcih is pleasing coming from a genuine guy who deals with loads of car types. (it's amazing how many loose and spare clips and fasteners are left under the trim when the car was put together!!!)

Although i went through a company for the install and paid a premium, If anyone's interested he's in the Ascot area and does private work for all car electronics and audio sat nav systems, pls PM me for his details. A top guy - and cheap if you go direct!!

Be grateful for opinions on the popping noise?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.