MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Hope someone can help?Had my air-con re gassed on my newly purchased zt-t.For some reason although it works the compressor cuts out after a short while.
Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Here's hoping

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is your cooling fan working?
Turn on ignition, switch aircon to low, goto front of car and check fan is working.
If not working ur aircon will overheat and keep cutting out.

Neil

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try it tomorrow.If it is not working what sort of fix for the fan is it?will it be a pricey fix?

Thanks for your help

Andy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yer its not a hard job to fix, took me about 3 hrs.
Involves removing front bumper, crossmember etc.
The fan motors are currently at £200+ on ebay. Plus its recommeded to change fan blades as well which are £40.
I did mine a couple of weeks ago, everything working fine now.

Neil

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fan is working

Hello all

Tried what you said.Put ignition on climate onto low setting and there was definately a fan working at the front.

Any other ideas guys?

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hello all

Tried what you said.Put ignition on climate onto low setting and there was definately a fan working at the front.

Any other ideas guys?

Thanks
Andy
What was it doing before the regas, was compressor cutting out then?
Is it possible they have overgassed it?
Sure someone on this forum has experience with aircon systems, and will come to ur rescue soon!
Good Luck Mate,

Neil

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi

It is normal for the compressor to cycle on and off when the desired temperature is reached inside the car, try setting the cabin temperature control to a lower temp and the compressor should cut back in.

If reducing the cabin temp dose not cause the compressor to cut back in then you either have a gas overcharge or trapped air in the system causing the high pressure switch to switch off the compressor.

Regards,
WASD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts