MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all.
I am considering trading in my ZT 1.8T for a ZT-T 2.5 160.
I have always got about 30 MPG out of the ZT, commuting, mixed M/way and 'A' roads.
What MPG can I realistically expect with the V6 ZT-T??
Thanks in anticipation??

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi, 28-32 is what i get from mine most of the time. Round town tends to use a little more but i think you could get 28-30 with what you are doing out of the 190.

·
Registered
485 Posts
MPG for a ZT 160 V6 on LPG

Giving me between 24 and 27 MPG but then again LPG is always about 10% poorer economy wise. Still at 35p/litre, WHO CARES???

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You should get close to 30 mpg but not if you boot it all the time. If you do expect nearer to 20 mpg. My 180 averages at 28.2 over 4,000 miles on mixed roads and I don't hang about when the conditions and roads are right. A manual 190 should easily better this.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drove past it on Monday after looking at another ZT-T in Rochdale.
It was up on a raised stand at the front of the forecourt....looked really good!!!
The boss didn't like the colour!!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yes, it's one of those colours that you either love or hate.
Dave&Gill was looking for a yellow ZT-T but couldn't find one at the time. He'll be gutted when he sees this one for sale.

·
Registered
mg_zt
3,335 Posts
With 55 litres, I can get anywhere between 300 miles and most I got was 417. But the torque of the 2.5 will be better and therefore a more relaxed ride! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.
By the way, with reference to the connection I gave a few posts earlier, I went to look at the Thornham Motors black ZT-T 1.8T.
Only 18000 miles, but must have been a very hard life!!
Very scruffy and the engine sounded somewhat rough!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
There will not be much in it between the 160 and 190. The yellow 190 in Rochdale looks really aggresive!
There may be quite a bit in it if you do a lot of motorway work. The V6 160 is significantly higher geared than the V6 190 (something like 23.5mph/1000rpm on the 160 and nearer 20mph on the 190 - I'm sure the exact figures can easily be located).

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
To answer my own post, in 5th:

160 V6: 23.5mph/1000rpm
190 V6: 21.0mph/1000rpm

Not a massive difference but at 80mph, the 160 will be doing 3400rpm and the 190 just over 3800rpm which might make a useful 3-4mpg improvement on a long run.

The gear ratios are the same on both but the 160 has a lower final drive ratio making it about 10% higher geared in each gear.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Drewby,

I'll try and go later as I'm waiting for a delivery at the mo'!!!! Supposed to be here some time today.

Once they've been I'll nip and have a look. If it's any good I'll take it for a spin and report back. I'll also try and see what extras it has which aren't on the advert and I'll check it's service history etc.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
OK, managed to get to the garage just as they were closing so unable to start it or drive it.

General condition looks good for the year and no obvious panel damage/repair, but it was raining. All wheels and tyres appear in good condition. The car itself is the basic + model with no extras except for the rear load net that comes up from the cover.

I will try and go back when able and see if I can have a proper look.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Murphyzt

Thanks alot for this...if you think worth it, I will try and get over at the weekend!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts