MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of necessity, I have to sell my ZT 160+. I need a large hatch. I don't want anyone to think I'm bailing out because of the current situation. (It was on the for sale site about a month ago). It's got 24.000m and a full service history and recent new tyres. I'm being realistic with the price and am looking for £7600. Pictures available here
http://gallery.mg-rover.org/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/2587
Hope the moderators will allow this post to remain here, as I need a fairly quick sale. Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm giving the car away at Fiesta money and still no interest. My faith is crumbling.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Its completely the wrong time to sell it mate... leave it a few weeks, when I'm certain you'll get more and irrspective of what happens, you certainly won't get less.

Regards

John

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just one more attempt in case anybody missed it. I don't think the values will fall much further than I've priced this at. It's in excellent nick , got a V6 growl, all for the price of a cheap Skoda.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got £3300 at the begging of October. Makes the ZT look very cheap (because it is). You interested perhaps?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well family needs means it has to go. I've reduced the price to £7300 but it's not financially viable for me to go any less. I don't think you'll find a ZT in this condition, with the mileage and history. (And recent new tyres all round.)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, take a deep breath, £7000. It is absolutely not going any lower, I'll put the kids on a roof rack!!!. If you find one with 23000m at a lower price, buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't believe that there's no interest at this price. What else can you buy for this money. Are things really this bad.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
137 Posts
Trouble advertising a MG on a MG Enthusiasts site, is that most members already have the MG of their choice.

You might be lucky putting it on Ebay with a £7k reserve. Make sure you pad the add out with lots of pics, inside and out.

Failing that Autotrader.

Up to April is generally a bad time to sell cars - friend of mine recently took a huge hit on a 2002 Lexus IS300 - eventually traded it it for £13,000. Its now on a forecourt in Leicester for £17k!

Its all about biding your time. I know you want a hatchback, but a bit more patience, and a bit more publicity coming out about the continuing parts supply will ensure confidence increases, and you never know, the price might rocket as it is now technically collectable!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put it on here because all the users of this site don't have the ignorance of some of the public. Most would recognise it for what it is, a real bargain. However, the lack of response depresses me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts