MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Any good websites (free might i add) to get an "accurate" price for cars. Am lookin at buying a ZT and have looked at usual sites like Parkers.

Thanks,
Neil

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Auto Trader is usually a good site to get a feel for real world prices. And of course Ebay to see how much they go for at rock bottom prices ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the ebay side, however,

the autotrader is a little more complex I feel. Generally prices fluctuate around for the same model/spec/mileage. I guess in some ways you pay for what you get.

Generally, a 131bhp ZT diesel looks like to be £500 quid more than the 116bhp version

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Dont pay more for a 131 get it chipped for £300 or tuning box for £150 and have cash left in pocket and extra gee gees!

Parkers prices arnt real world, as others have mentioned auto trader is best bet.

Also unless you need to get shot of a trade in look at private aswell as you can put a years full warranty on for £250 with www.warrantywise.co.uk which covers most items, so no point paying over the odds from a dealer just to get a warranty.

What kind of budget have you in mind?

Just my opinion but better to go slightly older and lower miles rather than vice versa.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[email protected], i wish but, definately going for the diesel version.

well at the moment, its looking like the 116 in a lovely silver which i can get remapped/chipped etc which would be ideal. The money saved over a 131 will easily pay for that.

Well budget wise, assuming i get at least 1500 for my current car, should be around 6500 in total

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Don't listen to them, they are just racist against Silver. :rofl:

Silver 75/ZT's have feelings too :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Silver is best colour for ZT! Dont listen to the racist people!!
My silver ZT looks the mutts nuts!!
Better than the common as muck blue!!:stir:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yep i got some pics, not sure i can post them on here without been a subscriber. Could email them to yer if u really want to see it.

PM me ur email address and i will send them.

Neil

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Silver is common full stop! Anyway its Silverism not Racism.

Saying that passed a silver Chrysler 300c today and looked good even in that oh so rare hardly ever seen on UK roads colour.

I must confess i did once own a silver Maestro but i was young and dumb :D

Biomorphic green is one of the best colours in my humble opinion especially on a ZT-T http://gallery.mg-rover.org/showphoto.php/photo/3350 not a subtle colour mind you.

What ever colour you decide am sure you will lurve the ZT.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts