MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had two new Pirelli P Zeros (rosso) fitted to the front of the ZT, immediately reduced road noise, but they were costly. Has anyone any experiences of them?

·
Registered
rover_45
255 Posts
oh btw - you should have them on the back and not the front - you should always (regardless of FWD/RWD/4WD) have the best tyres on the back.

·
Registered
702 Posts
lichwolf said:
oh btw - you should have them on the back and not the front - you should always (regardless of FWD/RWD/4WD) have the best tyres on the back.

eh...that goes against what ive heard... i heard the driving tyres should be the best and on a 4wd its the rears. kinda makes sense tho i mean, they are the ones that put the power to the road and in FWD they are the ones that drive and steer the car :wtf: or have i been under a rock for the past 5 years o_O;

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pirelli P-Zeros - From my experience, great in the dry but pretty hopeless in the wet!

Had 2 track days at Knockhill with SEAT Ibiza Cupra's which have these tyres.
They were doing flying lap passenger rides with professional racing drivers. The first time was dry and I could not believe the grip these things had through the bends. The second time it was raining and they were having a real problem keeping them on the track even at slow speeds. Driving my own, I had no confidence with them at all in the wet. The general concensus on the SEAT website was the Goodyear F1's were the best overall.

Maybe they'll perform better on th MG

·
Registered
rover_45
255 Posts
Steve_S said:
Check this link for reasons to put new tyres on the rear - Clicky
For years I have always put the bext on the drive wheels. Until I started working for a well known tyre manufacturer (not going to name names though) - and learnt otherwise. Basically you don't want to lose control or the rear end of the car, this is even more likely if you have the best grip through the drive wheels of a FWD car, than on the front wheels of a RWD - as your the grip will go more suddenly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts