MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 ZT 190. Outboard passenger side dip beam light failed.

No problem on driver side, can access headlight unit via flap in wheel arch. On the passenger side, however, there's a piece of what looks like ducting firmly bolted actoss the hatch opening, and the headlight is inacessible. The back can only be reached via the slim gap in front of the engine fuse box.

How can I replace this lightbulb, short of taking the front off the car?
And more to the point, if it needs taking apart to access it am I going to have to shell out for a mechanic to replace the bulb every time it blows?

This only adds to my mild irritation that the rear light console is accessed by taking the boot carpet out, not through a convenient hatch as pictured in the manual.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Dr Matt said:
No problem on driver side, can access headlight unit via flap in wheel arch. On the passenger side, however, there's a piece of what looks like ducting firmly bolted actoss the hatch opening, and the headlight is inacessible. The back can only be reached via the slim gap in front of the engine fuse box.
Having changed both dipped beam bulbs on my now sold ZT, I seem to rember the passenger side one was an awful lot easier. The ducting should move the side and doesn't require front-end removal!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've just done it on our 2003 ZT-T 190+

Opened the wheelarch hatch and its the same - ducting preventing you getting through, which didn't appear to want to move out of the way.

I unscrewed and unbolted the fuse box and managed to do it from above, but I have got slim fingers ('My Lord, you have a woman's hands....', Blackadder 2).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts