MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a September 2003 ZT CDTi. Does anyone know if this has Isofix mountings for a child seat, or know how I can tell if it has or has not got these mountings. I have flipped down the rear seat but I am not sure what I am looking for. It would save me a trip to the dealer if anyone could help.

Thanks very much.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
I believe it would have to by law.

Probably only 2 point ISOfix though which should be very much avoided.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know very little about it, but I thought it was an industry standard that all Isofix car seats would fit all cars with Isofix mountings. I assume you mean that there is now a better Isofix system with more fixing points? Why should the two point fixing be avoided? Am I better off with a normal car seat that is fitted with just the seat belt than the 2 point Isofix? Does this mean there are car seats with different types of Isofix mountings? I am more confused now, any further information would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get the safest type of seat that I can.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
ISOFIX has two different standards. One being two point where both are at the bottom, and three point where there is an additional one at the top.

Two point has been proven to be less safe than a conventional seat held in by the seatbelt.

Most seats are designed for the 3 point ISOFIX system as the bottom 2 are always in the same place. If there is a third, it will use it, if not it will not.

Not sure where you are, but somewhere like Halfords or Toysrus will be able to help more.

·
Registered
mg_zr
5,687 Posts
If your car has ISOFIX points there would be a bit of cushion between the bench part and the back of the rear seats, what you are looking for are 2 points which would be easly seen once the afor mentioned cushions have been removed, the only isofix child seat I know of is the Britax duo and has only been saftey teasted in 80 different vehicles

You can read more about the ISOfix system here:
http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/safety/childseats/child_safety_standards.html?page=safety

·
Registered
mg_zr
5,687 Posts
Stu said:
I believe it would have to by law.
Isofix is not fitted to all cars and there is no law to say it has to be, some cars it is standard some cars its an optional extra, some don't have it at all

hth

mush

1 - 6 of 6 Posts