MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I decided it was time to 'name' my ZT as I have become very attached to her recently. She is called 'Keeksie'.

Anyway, now that you all think I'm a loon I thought I'd let you know what will be happening her this time next week.

She is booked in to Pentagon AutoTints in Reading for a light smoke tint (front) and smoke tint for the other windows.

I can't wait. With summer coming its just another method of staying cool and keeping prying eyes away.

I'll do before and after pics too.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just shy of £400 for a cash discount.

Why? Dunno, reminds me of a stubborn mule of an ex that never did what she was told :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just shy of £400 for a cash discount.

Why? Dunno, reminds me of a stubborn mule of an ex that never did what she was told :D
Like your style with the name.

£400 sounds a bit steep. I was quoted £250 last year for the same sort of set up and that was on my Sorento. Perhaps the company you are using will do a better job but have you had any other prices to compare with?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I had a MK4 astra done and that came in at around £40 a window for 5 windows. It was a very good job (not the same company as i'm using for the ZT), but the film didn't, or couldn't go right to the edge of the screen due to shrinkage. Well, I say this, what I mean is, the windows that go up and down, it couldnt go to the edge, the rears were fine. (3dr hatch). They also picked up a lot of small scratches and after 3 years began to peel from the windows that went up and down.

I was pleased with the job though and the car looked good.

This is the car just before I sold it, 4 years after the tints were added. Light Smoke tint (35%) all round.

Pentagon are leagues ahead. Lifetime warranty, tints to the edge and they check the car every 12 months for shirnkage, scratches, peeling and replace as necessary. Peace of mind for me really.

S

·
0 Posts
£400 does sound steep. I got my ZS saloon done for £220 (iirc 2 years ago) and a hatch was £150 at TintR Nottingham. Pro job, film goes all the way to the edge of the window just look like a factory tint.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had mine done not too long ago, £200, very nice, makes a huge difference. Fronts already come with a slight tint, so didn't do anything to them, but the back ones, can't remember but there's a picture of it at www.shadestints.com, not sure I like the fact there's a pick up above it though!!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I got mine done about 3 weeks ago ,a very light tint on the fronts with a mid tint on the back windows.

Cost £195 ,got a good price due to a cancellation that day ,they did an excellent job IMO.

Unfortunately Bathgates a few hundred miles away from Reading!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
funnily enuff i was talkin to a guy in work about this today.

do tinted windows work on ALL colours?

i wouldnt imagine theyd look too good on silver as its a light colour. look good on xpower grey?

also, i take it theres certain degrees of tintedness you can get?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
funnily enuff i was talkin to a guy in work about this today.

do tinted windows work on ALL colours?

i wouldnt imagine theyd look too good on silver as its a light colour. look good on xpower grey?

also, i take it theres certain degrees of tintedness you can get?
I think it looks good on mine ,though I didn't get a really heavy so it didn't overpower the car.

You can have any tint you want ,from a very light one right through to full limo.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The law changed on tints a few years back so there is a low percentage tint you can put on the front.

I like an even tint all round but im not a fan of tints where the rears are really dark and the front a subtle tint.

You used to see silver tints Mad M, but thats maybe a bit ford transit :D not sure if ive ever seen it used on a car. A subtle tint would look ok on silver.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You used to see silver tints Mad M, but thats maybe a bit ford transit :D not sure if ive ever seen it used on a car. .
Yer think that would look slighly naff, i dont think i will bother!
But just to change the subject slightly.
My original windscreen already has a slight tint but has scratches in the tint on the inside of the car.(caused by previous owner,cleaning whilst wearing titanium ring!) Can this be polished out or is it a new windscreen job? Scratches are very noticeable from outside of car look abit crap

1 - 16 of 16 Posts