MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A noise has recently started, coming from the window of my drivers door, the noise is akin to when you have you window slightly open and are driving along the white lines in the wet, like a sort of intermittent hiss, obviously the window is closed and I'm not driving along the lines. It isn't very loud but wondered if anyone has experiences of this??

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Well not on a MG or Rover, but a previous car did this, and it was due to a previous repair to the door (not my doing) and the mechanism was out of adjustment. In this case the window went a bit too far up and distorted the rubber seal causing the air leak.

Undoubtedly its an air leak caused by a poor seal. Try blipping the window down a smidge to see what effect that has on the prob. Also see if the window seats properly in the seal, and there are no obvious signs of obstruction. e.g. flipping pine needles etc. In your case perhaps the window isn't going far enough up..

Hope this helps

CAM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.