MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's

Just had a chance to drive a 03 ZT CDTI, however I was not that impressed with a couple of things and would like clarification on these issues.

The clutch was way heavier than my R75 and I though that was heavy!, the bite was also right at the top of the run which again I was not expecting. Is this normal on all ZT CDTI's?

One thing that total put me off though was the driving position, the drivers seat in the 75 goes down quite low and hence feels very comfortable to me (being over 6 foot), however in the ZT I had the seat all the way down as far as it would go and I still felt uncomfortable and cramped (too high), I was sure it was just stuck but could I heck get it to go any lower. Me thinks I may need to try sitting in another to clarify this for my self!

I was impressed with its handling however, going round roundabouts felt very firm and solid unlike the body role I get in the 75.

L.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,464 Posts
Welcome back Lee :)

Driven three 75's (all petrol) and biting point on each one has been at different heights. The weight of the pedal has also been surprisingly different on each !

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rich, hope your well :)

hmm, how weired, I will need to get myself to the dealer to try a few others.

L.

·
Registered
mg_zt
32 Posts
my zt cdti135 also has a very heavy clutch as for driving position its fine iam 6,4 and i love it , just gutted this is most probably the last one i will be able to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts