MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 214 with a ZS180 brake setup on it. I went into the motor factors and got a set of front brake pads. I noticed that it said "75/ZT" on it, but the man behind the counter assured me that they would fit the ZS180.

Surprise surprise they don't fit. The pad is the same size, but there is a piece on each end of the pad that sticks out more on the new ones.

So my question is, am I right in saying that they shouldnt fit? Are the front brake pads on the ZR160 and ZS180 the same? Because when I return these I can just ask for ZR160 ones

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
ZT brakes are different to the ZR/ZS. I am not 100% sure about the ZR160 and ZS180- compatibility but a good catalogue browse at the motor factor should sort it out OK.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yep, ZR160 or ZS180 pads fit, but the 75/ZT ones are different.

Looks like you have a trip back to the motor factors to ........

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went back to the motor factors, and the guy at the counter couldnt accept that he was wrong.

He was 'certain' that the ZT and ZS pads were the same. So I asked him to take the book out, and behold... DIFFERENT PADS!

They had ZS180 pads in stock, just fitted them there... His face was so red as I left the shop!

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
:lol:

Why can't some people refer to manuals?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts