MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone if it is possible to get grooved and/or cross drilled discs for the 190. The discs are very large, 325mm I think, and since they are very visible it would be a nice touch!
Thanks
Charles

·
Homologation Engineer
1,107 Posts
AP racing have a cross drilled disc for the 190 325mm disc. Paperwork was being put together to get these disc on line for the 190 and 260's following successfull test work with the cross drilled TF 160 discs.

Give them a shout, they may have some possibly. Other than that, I wouldn't bother, it'll just be a cosmetic thing more than an improvement to the already class leading brakes!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I imminently need to buy new discs for my ZTT190+. As the 325 front disc is so large behind the wheel, I fancy drilled or slotted discs, purely for cosmetic reasons.
Pete Collen from AP Racing informed me on 8/1/07 that they have nothing in their aftermarket lists for the ZT190.
Carparts-Direct informed me on 10/11/06 that they can supply Brakeworld RS3957 @ £118.92 a pair; RS3958 @ £89.92 a pair. I asked what style these are, but received the cryptic reply that "the pictures are generic". The generic picture shows a drilled disc. I have emailed Brakeworld, but they do not respond. I have since emailed Carparts-Direct about Rossini discs
but they have not responded.
www.potn.co.uk list 3G discs, but they seem to have made a mess of their part numbering, listing a stock front disc for the ZT190, and a 'special order only' disc for the ZTT190. I gave 3G a call in Nov 06 and was told that they can't get the 325mm blanks, so they don't produce the 325mm front discs.
JRTAutomotive does list the EBC D1110 and 'turbo-grooved' GD1110 front discs, currently at £69 and £125 respectively. I notice that other EBC suppliers don't seem to list the GD1110.
I'm vaguely hoping that Carparts-Direct will get back to me with a positive answer on the Rossini discs, but I'm not optimistic. I'll probably end up buying EBC, at least for the front.
If anyone else has further info about the availability of replacement 325mm discs for the ZT190/260 then post it here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
I opted for regular discs from JRTautomotive on ebay. I cleaned them and then sprayed them with silver exhaust paint which should keep them looking tidier around the hub and rim - the old ones were quite rusty, I also painted the calipers with hammerite (well smoothrite infact) and 8,000 miles & 6 months later they still look OK!
Charles

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote from 3G email on 12/01/07: "We used to supply a 325mm disc for the MG range but have not done so for some time. POTN must have left the part number in their system (3G-01136). We do supply the 276mm Rear discs, and both part numbers (3G-07605 and 3G-07611) cover this size disc."

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote from APRacing email on 15/1/07 regarding the ZT190 discs:
"We had undergone a test program with MG Rover and produced two car sets of prototype cross drilled discs for each vehicle variant. MG Rover provided us with some standard discs, which we had modified in house for development. The tests were very good."
So these weren't put into production.

Quote from Carparts-direct email on 15/1/07:
"Rossini drilled and grooved performance discs have just become available for both the front and rear of your ZT190 and are priced as follows:
Front – 325mm (vented) @ £229.00 a pair;
Rear - 276mm (vented) @ £212.00 a pair."

I did look at the BMW discs, but the 325mm disc has quite a different offset to the ZT190 one.

·
Registered
mgf
845 Posts
Hi,
I opted for regular discs from JRTautomotive on ebay. I cleaned them and then sprayed them with silver exhaust paint which should keep them looking tidier around the hub and rim - the old ones were quite rusty, I also painted the calipers with hammerite (well smoothrite infact) and 8,000 miles & 6 months later they still look OK!
Charles
I also went to JRTautomotive on Ebay. Very good prices and very quick delivery. I can highly recommend them.

If you send them a question, they can do grooved EBC discs. Similar to what most people have fitted to their MGF's (As have I).
For the ZT I also opted for the EBC non grooved discs, simply due to pads wear.

Shaf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts