MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what mileage is about normal for a ZS180 from a tank of fuel. I've not had my own ZS long, just a couple months, I typically get from a full tank about 70miles to the first quater tank mark, then 150ish at half, and 200-220 by the three quater line, I then fill up the tank rather than go lower as I sometimes have a 50mile trip to make at short notice fairly often.

Do those numbers seem about typical?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,111 Posts
SubBASS said:
Just curious what mileage is about normal for a ZS180 from a tank of fuel. I've not had my own ZS long, just a couple months, I typically get from a full tank about 70miles to the first quater tank mark, then 150ish at half, and 200-220 by the three quater line, I then fill up the tank rather than go lower as I sometimes have a 50mile trip to make at short notice fairly often.

Do those numbers seem about typical?
yep doesnt sound too far off, depends what kind of driving you do!! Even on a motorway journey I get about 275 miles to a tank. But I do like the loud pedal!

Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36,532 Posts
Those numbers look good to me. The needle on the fuel gauge hardly moves for the first 60 miles then does a lemming jump. I reckon if you've done over 120 miles at halfway then you're winning (think that's around 20mpg).

Generally - even at say 120mph where legal - the 180 will do 25, 30mpg - I recently had 32 - but use the heating or the aircon much, or confine yourself just to towns, and you will be happy to get over 20.

Like me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,212 Posts
patpending said:
The needle on the fuel gauge hardly moves for the first 60 miles then does a lemming jump.
My Civic does that too - it's really irritating at times, especially when i think I'm doing well on fuel only to find I've lost 1/4 tank within 40 miles!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
The MPG for the ZS 180 appears to be similar if not worse than my manual 2.5 KV6 Rover 75.

I'd have expected better MPG given the ZS is 100kgs or so lighter.

However, I assume that the engine in the ZS is tuned more aggressively to the Rover 75s version despite producing the same horse power & torque.
 
G

·
I would say under normal driving a tank of about 280-320 miles is not far off and I once got 400 miles out of a full tank under extremely leisureable driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
I had two lovely Trophy Blue ZS 180s, and I got 34.9 mpg from both (good to know consistent build quality!)

My driving to work was motorway commuting (so not very fast), which helped me get good mpg.

I got 438 miles out of a tank once, and 14 other tankfuls went for over 400 miles. Average on a tank was 375.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,111 Posts
timhaigh said:
I had two lovely Trophy Blue ZS 180s, and I got 34.9 mpg from both (good to know consistent build quality!)

My driving to work was motorway commuting (so not very fast), which helped me get good mpg.

I got 438 miles out of a tank once, and 14 other tankfuls went for over 400 miles. Average on a tank was 375.
you must drive like my dad!!!!

Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
I knew somebody would come up with a crack like that!

I loved driving those cars, and I drove quickly. I got up to 120 (mph not mpg) once on the M54 (only joking officer). The trick is anticipating hold ups ahead, traffic lights, queues, etc. I like to drive to suit the conditions, and now with petrol at over £4 a gallon it makes more sense than ever.

They're great cars aren't they. I wouldn't mind another but I found them a bit tiring on a long run - ride, tyre/road noise, etc. Brilliant chassis though. Made my MGF feel wooden.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,111 Posts
timhaigh said:
I knew somebody would come up with a crack like that!

I loved driving those cars, and I drove quickly. I got up to 120 (mph not mpg) once on the M54 (only joking officer). The trick is anticipating hold ups ahead, traffic lights, queues, etc. I like to drive to suit the conditions, and now with petrol at over £4 a gallon it makes more sense than ever.

They're great cars aren't they. I wouldn't mind another but I found them a bit tiring on a long run - ride, tyre/road noise, etc. Brilliant chassis though. Made my MGF feel wooden.
yeah they are great cars. I try and drive like my dad some of the time too, so its nothing to feel bad about!

Shame I'll be selling mine soon, will be a sad day!

Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
I'm lucky if i get more that 250 miles off a tank generally - but most of the roads round here are back roads that require a lot of gear-shifting to get round, so I suppose that explains it. The most I've had off a tank is about 320miles on a motorway run and the worst I've had to about 180miles - but that was me driving the car quite hard and changing up late every time (sometimes the car's just gotta be driven that way :naughty: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, thanks all to the great response, it was my first post and merely expected one reply if I was lucky ;)

I'm glad to hear the numbers are about right, I also have an LPG conversion on the car, but its an old system and not feeling at all well so its being ripped out in due course and a nice new system put in simply for the economics of fuel cost, around 50p a litre of gas against around £1 for petrol, its a no brainer :]

Edited for diabolical spelling.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top