MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bit of a favour from someone actually. My ZS TD facelift seems to sit stupidly low (like very small gap between arch and tyre and over large bumps it tends to get wheel to arch contact but is on the standard 16 inch gridspoke alloys and standard size tyres) but was told that it is standard (mind you as it was an MG rover play thing as the first owner anything could be different) so would someone be able to measure the wheel centre to arch lip distance both front and rear so i can see what it should be standard.

Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
274 Posts
mines the same, its a mk2 zs td running 180 wheels and kit thats first owner was rover. it seems to sit a lot lower than petrol models i looked at to compare. mine rubs in the arches if im a bit to keen over bumps or down uneven backroad. wouldent swap it for anything though:happy:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah i certainly wouldnt swap mine either. Front tyres are cheap remolds (once i have killed them will swap to something decent but it came with them) and no matter how hard i pushed at combe with it it wouldnt let go. Reasons is i parked next to a 180 the other day and it seemed lower and over the past couple of days i have bottomed out twice with the rubbish roads down in kent.

If anyone could give me the figures i would appreciate it so i can confirm either way.

·
Registered
274 Posts
ill measure front and rear and let ya know. ive never managed to get it to break away yet either, i think the cars got more grip than we got bottle lol.

·
Registered
274 Posts
right, just been and measured the height from centre of the wheel to the lip of the arch. back is 13 and a quarter inches, front is 12 and a half inches. if the others could post some heights it would be interesting to see how we all measure up so to speak.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that. I have plenty of bottle on track just always seemd to underestimate just how much grip it has.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah to right. Just wondering if the Xpower springs i am looking at will make it worse. Reason i asked in the first place is if it already had the black versions of them and mine was lower (which it doesnt seem to be having checked this morning) i didnt want to waste my money.

So how much lower/ stiffer are the xpower springs??

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
Yeah, would need new shocks too, and should do some more stiffening really. Too much for now tbh. Only if I can find a wrecked ZS

·
Registered
mg_zt
444 Posts
Maybe next month! :D With the roll bar on that site you got your springs from, i think that would do nicely :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts