MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was dismantling sections of my car to fit a cd changer but one thing I couldn't figure was how to remove the rear seat bench.

The edge of the seat bends up enough to get a stubby screwdriver under it to take out the rear arch lining so I worked round it, but I would like to know how to actually take the bench out.

There's small nylon hooks that go over bolts in the middle of the rear bit of the bench I think, and vicious clips in the footwell. What's the trick with this?

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
Came across the same roadblock. The CD wiring should fit under the plastic trim OK though. The clips holding the front of the seat down did not look like they could take any stick. easier to take the folding portion out then you should have good access. Fix any ringing panels and stuff foam up the rear pillars while you have it in bits. Plenty quiet after.

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't have thought there was any need to remove the rear bench - I doubt the dealers do when they fit a changer...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fitted a cd changer without taking out the rear bench, but the problem is there is a screw under the seat that needs to be undone to remove the trim around the back wheel arch. You need to remove this to fit the cable under it.

I got round this by bending the seat cushion so I could get a stubby screwdriver under it, but it was a pain. And I worried that I'd damage the seat.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Yep, that's the way I fitted the old one in the 400.

MP3 is much easier to install :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts