MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

One of the rear door handles has broken, like they do, on my ZS. I've repaired the handle and I am trying to fix it back on. Problem is the far most bolt is right in the back corner of the door and I can see no way to do it up. Is there some sort of trick to this?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
the trick is as i have found ..is to offer 9-10year old kid £1 to stick his arm in there and do it up for you ..
best method yet :)

all the best.mark

·
Registered
62 Posts
arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh

im doing mine right now, got one bolt on, but i cant get the back one, tryed to move lock ,but there is a black metal guard over the rods, and guess what, part of it has a rivit fixing it to the door.
this is a major pain in the arse. the front ones where really easy too.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
OK, this morning when I opened my frozen ZS passenger door the handle bit came away from the door. I pushed it back in, but need to fix it.
Any ideas on a fix or is it a remove and replace job?
How do I get to the insides of the door to fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
lost shield bolt

Hi,

while trying to repair my drivers door handle one of the shield bolts fell away and now i can't find it any where!! I don't want to undo the other to find out its size (just in case I lose that one) so what size are they and what size is the washer?

regards,

·
Registered
mg_zs
3 Posts
door handles

I have avoided the broken handle problem by pushing the rear of the handle body with thumb whilst pulling lever to open door. This should take the strain off the bolt.

Graham

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The secret is.......

To get better access you have to release the catch mechanism in the side of the door. This gives easier access. The next trick is to pull the outer handle (chrome on the Rover) out with the other hand and hey presto the big adult fingers have a bit more room. I use a ratchet ring spanner to just nip the bolt up. Once you've done one its easy.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
The driver handle can off my gfs 400 the fixings had snapped. A bit of alridite (sorry for spelling) and 5mins later job done solid as a rock now its never coming off again!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts