MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from Oldroverboy's suggestion of getting some side mouldings for the ZS, I found that the following U.K based manufacturer can supply and paint the Suzuki Celerio side mouldings with the dynamic red colour:

The cost is £36.50 for the mouldings then £89.99 for the custom paint service:

This is what I received in the post:

The colour reproduction looks pretty good however upon closer inspection I had noticed a couple of very small blemishes on the shorter of the 2 mouldings which is a shame. They look like popped air bubbles.

I will be contacting the supplier after the Christmas holiday to see what can be done.

All in all, the total price is £130.48 including £3.99 Royal mail postage.

I hope that this is useful for someone on here.

Cheers..

·
Registered
other_mg
42 Posts
Personally. I liked the contrast, Black on Silver for mine..
Make sure car is perfectly clean and use the wipes before fitting.
Fit them above the crease-line.. bottom edge of moulding exactly of crease.
Warm them to make them supple..
They certainly change the look of the side of the car.
I did send a photo to MG motor uk....

·
Registered
other_mg
42 Posts
And offer them up to make sure you are fitting them to the correct sides...
Don't forget to leave the gap at the rear of the moulding on the front doors to avoid snagging.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Oldroverboy,

Thanks for the hints about the fitting. I was thinking about using a hairdryer to warm up both the doors and the mouldings but have now decided to wait until the weather is less wet and cold.

It does surprise me that MG don't offer any side mouldings for the ZS though they do for the GS model.

Cheers..

·
Registered
other_mg
42 Posts
Hi Oldroverboy,

Thanks for the hints about the fitting. I was thinking about using a hairdryer to warm up both the doors and the mouldings but have now decided to wait until the weather is less wet and cold.

It does surprise me that MG don't offer any side mouldings for the ZS though they do for the GS model.

Cheers..
My insurance company have not charged me extra for my mouldings as I called beforehand, telling them they were stick ons. they will also not charge if i fit smaller steel wheels to have more tyre between me and the road.
Wheels from some chevrolet aveo models fit. Mg steel wheel prices are silly £200+ each. Aveo £47.

need to source some tpms valves...

·
Registered
other_mg
42 Posts
Following on from Oldroverboy's suggestion of getting some side mouldings for the ZS, I found that the following U.K based manufacturer can supply and paint the Suzuki Celerio side mouldings with the dynamic red colour:

View attachment 134416

View attachment 134417

The colour reproduction looks pretty good however upon closer inspection I had noticed a couple of very small blemishes on the shorter of the 2 mouldings which is a shame. They look like popped air bubbles.

I will be contacting the supplier after the Christmas holiday to see what can be done.

Cheers..

View attachment 134416

View attachment 134417

Cheers..
I have just ordered a set of mouldings for my new car (a Kia Sportage) (not willing to be a beta tester for an HS) and my bodyshop mate will warm the car and the mouldings in the paint oven for an hour. only charges me £30....

·
Registered
other_mg
42 Posts
MattyKan..
My mate who has a bodyshop warmed up the car and mouldings in his paint oven before fitting.
For my new Kia sportage (being delivered next week) he will charge £30 as he is not doing any paintwork. (last time was the ding in the crease line in the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts