MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worst thread title ever but it got your attention :lol:

Im trying to fit an Ice warning kit to my ZS180 , problem I have is I cant find ANYWHERE to get the wire for the sensor through the bulkhead into the engine bay , instrucvtion show it going through somewhere under the brake master cylinder but im having difficulty due to the sound proof foam stuff on the bulk head.

Any one got any ideas were to put it through.???

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cant believe no ones ever poked an extra wire through the bulhead oon a ZS / 45

come on lads its driving me crackers looking

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had another look , can I feed a wire through with the throttle cable or is that just plain silly and dangerous ??

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Dunno if it's on the same place on a 180, but on mine, the fusebox is to the rear right of the bay as you look at it. Underneath and behind the fusebox is a big elongated rubber grommet.

That, my friend, is the target.

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
daz does that said gromet come through behind the glove box just below the heater blower unit ? Ive found that on the inside but as i didnt know what it was i was reluctant to pull it off - is it only wiring ?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yeah pretty much.

It's a big ol chunk of wiring, but you can make an extra hole in the grommet and pass the cable through and route it where you want.

I'm pretty sure the wad of cables going through is just for the fusebox inside the car. As long as you seal up the grommet with silicone sealant after you've finished then there should be no problems.

Just be aware that you're probably gonna lose some blood routing the cable, but it's the best choice :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts