Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever fitted one of these to their cars ecu

it plug and play so can be removed

anything would be of help,

what preformance gains has any1 experienced

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Some come with the loom plugs and some are just hardwired. Depends on what you want to pay.

Should always be mapped to the specific car rather than the base map as this has been known to make engines run too much advance and break engines.

So factor some tuning into the price.

On a 120 you will get perhaps 5bhp for around £500 all in on one.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,772 Posts
You could get a Unichip fitted and live mapped for that price. It would probably give more than 5bhp gain too, especially if you had some induction and exhaust modifications. The Unichip should cope with virtually any level of tuning, at power outputs within the limitations of the std sized injectors and fuel pump capacity. With a Unichip or similar piggyback ECU, fitted with a good enclosed induction kit, and cat back performance exhaust, id expect closer to 15bhp more.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I used a Unichip on my Hyundai Coupe, which had more mods that I can list, the unichip also controlled the water injection.

Its a good piece of kit and more tunable than an ICON which only alters ignition timing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its plug and play and they said they would program it

i have standard engine except twin stainless back boxes, 52 tb and vector pipercross air filter

reckon i may be at 125 bhp @ mo 52 really improves throttle

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Stevo135+ said:
You could get a Unichip fitted and live mapped for that price. It would probably give more than 5bhp gain too, especially if you had some induction and exhaust modifications. The Unichip should cope with virtually any level of tuning, at power outputs within the limitations of the std sized injectors and fuel pump capacity. With a Unichip or similar piggyback ECU, fitted with a good enclosed induction kit, and cat back performance exhaust, id expect closer to 15bhp more.
Unichip and Icon are pretty much the same and gains would be near enough the same. Of course you will see more if you include gains by exhausts etc.

I was demonstrating proven gains on an unalterted engine bar the chip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts