MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

just wanted to know if you know of anyone OTHER than Hi-Spec that make a big brake kit that will fit the 160s?

Reason being, ive been reading alot of negative things about the Hi-spec disks and their customer relations :p

anyone :beer:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
We have had numerous customers have the Hi Spec brakes and there have been no reported problems to us. It has been mentioned that the bolts holding the disc on the bell are not the best spec, but they are still very good spec. I also found them very easy to fit.

Hi Spec are fairly good to deal with, the major problem is getting through on the phone however, though if you buy them from a supplier then you would normally talk to the supplier, who then in turn sorts out the problem with Hi Spec.

I would use their products without question.

Steve

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ml.williams the Hi-Spec kits are not type specific really so Rover cant really do sod all about it :D

Steve, u happen to know if you can get those bolts from someone else cause ive read about the tearing off or rotting off or something, i think they damage the bell or something?

last thing you want are those breaking or something no good having brakes the arent attached to the wheels :p

all in all tho, Steve u know if AP make a set ? maybe cross platform, AP disks and Hi-Spec calipers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts