MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a ZR instrument panel fit into a Rover 200 Mk3 OK and will it work?
I believe the mounting is compatible, but how would the digital odometer work?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Mounting is the same, but like you say: the digital odometer uses an electric signal. So the speedo won't work, unless you change the speed-sensor on the gearbox as well iirc.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Probably have to change the wiring to the plugs on the back of the binnacle as well, maybe even the plugs themselves. If you really wanted to do it, you would need the wiring diagrams for the 25/ZR and obviously the 200, and see what parts are different.

To be honest it would not be a cheap conversion really, there are cheaper ways to get silver looking dials.

Steve

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Steve B said:
Probably have to change the wiring to the plugs on the back of the binnacle as well, maybe even the plugs themselves. If you really wanted to do it, you would need the wiring diagrams for the 25/ZR and obviously the 200, and see what parts are different.

To be honest it would not be a cheap conversion really, there are cheaper ways to get silver looking dials.

Steve

i have noticed you don't seem to push your business much steve :err: , considering how much of a pleasure you were to deal with i think you should have some advertising :hyper:

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't the mileage data come from the ECU itself for the digital clock. I mean how else would the data remain stored otherwise unless the clocks themselves have some sort of memory chip.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Steve B said:
Because I'm not allowed to ;), unless I advertise (which I can't afford at the mo).

Steve
I wish i got a pound of his business for everytime i say...

Send a Pm to Steve B, he will sort you out.

:)

P.s...try and get the user removed called SteveB....the amount of pms that must go to him must be silly!

To answer the question, a lad from another forum came round mine and picked some parts up, he had them in his 200.
He said straight fit, one part worked, but couldnt get the other to work, think it was revs worked, speedo didnt, or the other way around...
Said there was 2 plug options or sommit....
And said it cost 50quid to get it sorted out....

So yes it can be done...

Mind you, he may have been saying 50quid...might have cost more:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts