MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have just fitted my exhaust on my mk3 200 and it sicks out a bit too far (Peco list the same exhaust for the 25 and 200). I was thinking about getting a ZR rear bumper with bib to solve the problem but i dont want the exhaust to be hidden (going from one extreme to another).

Does anyone know if the exhaust will be hidden if i fit the ZR bumper?

I think it'll be ok as it does seem to stick out quite a long way - the tailpipe is 7.5" long instead of 6" on the standard exhaust if this helps.

Hope you can help

Steve

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tailpipe on the car is 1.5" longer than the standard 200 one - so am i right in thinking that it will stick out slightly with a ZR bumper on? (which would be perfect. :)

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
The back end of the 200 looks soooo... much better with the ZR bumper on anyway.
I'll be fitting one as soon as I have kicked my crappy insurance company into touch at the end of the year who don't like mods. It will suit the rest of the kit then.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
carnage_uk said:
I have a peco, stuck out quite abit with the standard bumper, perfect now :)

Again another good sophisticated looking 5 door. Always look good from that angle. The 3 door don't look as good from that angle.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
But you can't see the side.
The 5 door just leads your eye better down the side of the car and has a nicer profile. The 3 door doesn't and looks plain from that angle

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
ashy said:
But you can't see the side.
The 5 door just leads your eye better down the side of the car and has a nicer profile. The 3 door doesn't and looks plain from that angle

i dissagree, the 5 door spoils the side profile of the 200, it looks too cramped and is seperated too much.

having owned both 5 door and 3 door i would never go back to a 5 door for looks reasons alone, i carry loads of passengers often and am willing to get out every time to let them in rarther than have another 5 door :minxy:

si :beer:

·
Registered
rover_25
3,457 Posts
I dont mind either had both a 5 and 3 door prefer the 3 door bit less to clean :) and i can make up excuses not to give people lifts everyware

1 - 14 of 14 Posts