MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :)

Ive searched the forums for any threads that relatem to induction kits for the Zr and ive read that cone filters are no good for this car due to the temperature under bonnet. Ive not seen a final answer as to which is the best or which kits are the most effective. So, am i correct in saying that the forced air induction kits pipercross,bmc,itg, etc which come with a cold air inlet are the best to use ?

appologies if ive missed a thred that has the definitive answer

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
An enclosed system is always better on a small engined NASP car.

Enclosed filters are not forced induction though.

Any of the filters you mention are fine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
enclsoed filters are the factory fitted then mate ?
Would the forced induction kits be a good idea on the 1.8 vvc
thnx much for the reply :)

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Mr404 said:
enclsoed filters are the factory fitted then mate ?
Would the forced induction kits be a good idea on the 1.8 vvc
thnx much for the reply :)
I thought forced induction was called a turbo or a supercharger?

Cheers
Skelo

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Forced induction is where the air entering the engine is at a higher compression than atmospheric pressure and is forced in. As in a turbo charger or supercharger.

An enclosed filter like the the Viper, BMC etc just shield the filter from the hot air of the engine bay. They do not force air into the engine, it sucks in what it needs.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Stu said:
Forced induction is where the air entering the engine is at a higher compression than atmospheric pressure and is forced in. As in a turbo charger or supercharger.

An enclosed filter like the the Viper, BMC etc just shield the filter from the hot air of the engine bay. They do not force air into the engine, it sucks in what it needs.
Thanks Stu, you've just confirmed my suspicions and my thoughts.

Cheers
Skelo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts