MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
im surprised it hasnt already come out of your hand without you expecting it , mine flew off when i first got it and put it in reverse im more gentle with it now

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
craig2305 said:
im surprised it hasnt already come out of your hand without you expecting it , mine flew off when i first got it and put it in reverse im more gentle with it now
Your gear knob i assume?

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Bit off topic but does the alloy gear knob off the tf fit a zr with the screw type gear stick? as mine is the screw on one & fancy the tf alloy look.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Are they all push on?... don't think so... some are threaded and need to be undone in the usual way.... twisting anti-clockwise... the few I've removed are on very tight so need quite an effort to get them started to undo.

The leather ZR and ZS gear knobs I like and have fitted them to some of my cars ... even my old Montego ...

Which needed a Rover gear lever as they and the Zeds have a larger thread than the Montego's lever. All mine are threaded by the way.

·
Registered
165 Posts
MGJohn said:
Are they all push on?... don't think so... some are threaded and need to be undone in the usual way.... twisting anti-clockwise... the few I've removed are on very tight so need quite an effort to get them started to undo.

The leather ZR and ZS gear knobs I like and have fitted them to some of my cars ... even my old Montego ...

Which needed a Rover gear lever as they and the Zeds have a larger thread than the Montego's lever. All mine are threaded by the way.

no they early zeds had screw on and the later zeds with the different gearboxes had push on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts