MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a problem on sat with a faulty tourqe wrench which has snapped 2 wheel studs on the front of my ZR105. I didnt realise the wrench was playing up and well oooops. Anyway, got some new studs today and went to fit them this evening... however this was not as straightforward as I expected.

As far as I can tell you cant remove or fit new studs without spliting the hub assembly, am I right? Also whats involved in splitting it, I cant do it myself as I dont have a puller or anything. Also when its done does everything need to be aligned by MGR?

Any help welcome! PLEASE! :sad3:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for such a quick reply major. My friends Garage has a press hopefully they are going to be able to fit me in tommorow!!!! Is there anything they are going to need to know that wont be apparent? And am I lucky enough not to need to have the alignment done afterwards?
Also bugg*ring the wheel bearing dosnt sound much fun! :mad:

·
Mmmm....Rover..
10,426 Posts
Isn't there a good chance that you will destroy the bearing?

I removed two hubs from the bearing/carrier using a friends press and part of the bearing race stayed on the hub, I'd reckon it would be a nasty job to pull the race away cleanly.....I didn't bother as the hubs were for my kart project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.