MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should it be a straight swap to put ZR door cards into a 200?

I've tried and failed with mine... it just wouldn't line up right with the handle =(

Is any modification needed? :p

Also... does anybody have some 5dr door cards as the ones I had are now not much good as they were thrown to the back of the garage after I gave up :err: (some bits were missing too)

·
Registered
mg_express
11,058 Posts
you'll need the bracket off the ZR for the handle, as the fixings on the door (as you have found) are different. but once you have the handle bracket in place on the door then the card should go on nicely.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you'll need the bracket off the ZR for the handle, as the fixings on the door (as you have found) are different. but once you have the handle bracket in place on the door then the card should go on nicely.
:doh: I just have the door cards. I guess I need to find someone breaking a ZR then! There's never one in my scrappy :(

I need new door cards as mine look terrible, especially with all the fabric coming off...

Cheers mate :)

·
Registered
mg_express
11,058 Posts
no, you can't have mine. :lol:

why they look terrible? you could recover the fabric patches, as long as the rest of it looks ok.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, you can't have mine. :lol:

why they look terrible? you could recover the fabric patches, as long as the rest of it looks ok.
Well on the driver door some of the inside that holds the shape has started to break apart and its gone a bit... wierd... I have a pic of it, might post it in a bit. Probably recoverable but I prefer the look of the later ones.

I was tempted to pull the fabric off and try and get the insert out to put leather on, but it won't budge.

The newer ones look nicer anyway IMO and the handle is in a nice place. I'm possibly going to be modifying them at some point with my sound system and lighting effects and I don't want to do it to the 200 ones if I might change my mind later :lol:

Thanks for the tip about 25's though, I completely forgot about them, probably more common than the ZR's in my scrappy....

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: bugger, just called my scrappy and they do have a Rover 25 there but they only sell the door cards with the doors. I aint buying four doors for no reason :lol: so I guess I'm after some if anyone has them....

I'll whizz over to the wanted section then, thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Update: bugger, just called my scrappy and they do have a Rover 25 there but they only sell the door cards with the doors. I aint buying four doors for no reason :lol: so I guess I'm after some if anyone has them....

I'll whizz over to the wanted section then, thanks guys!
If you're wanting to travel to Barnstaple, try the new breakers across from Devonshire Motors / The Mitsubishi garage (right near Burger King). They're bloody good in there.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're wanting to travel to Barnstaple, try the new breakers across from Devonshire Motors / The Mitsubishi garage (right near Burger King). They're bloody good in there.
Cheers mate ;) I'll have to have a look there. I don't mind going to barnstaple it's not exactly far =) it only takes 5-10 minutes from my front door...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've got like a million ZR's 25's in my local scrappy :L... i'm going to be getting some door cards for my 200 soon also :)... If you really need them cheap, I'd be a pal and buy you 2 and meet you half way and you can give me the money then... They'd be cheap from my place as i know them quite well, perhaps about £20...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
WOOOW!!... I'm in ashford mate, for some reason i thought you were from london :L... sorry man but 250 miles away is a bit steep :L.... How much would postage of 2 door cards be?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOOOW!!... I'm in ashford mate, for some reason i thought you were from london :L... sorry man but 250 miles away is a bit steep :L.... How much would postage of 2 door cards be?
lmao thanks for the thought mate but It'd probably cost more than the door cards themselves. Plus if bsmovies is right I might be able to find some 10 miles away :p

I wouldn't trust a courier to deliver something so squashy without damage tbh, the amount of things I've seen em do.

Cheers though :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts