MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have clutch judder problems on my ZR diesel (113ps) when the engine is cold. As soon as the engine is warm the problem goes away.

The car is only about 7 months old and has just been for its first 12,000 mile service. I pointed out the problem at the service, but I was told that all ZR diesels do this and that there isn't a fix. Do you other ZR drivers experience this problem?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Mine isn't a diesel but its just started to do this, seems to be when its cold as well. Its just hit 30k and its had 2 services, on time. Dont know if there is a fix for it, I just give it a bit more gas when pulling away than I would do once its warm and it seems to be ok.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
sounds liek a typical cold diesel engione to me.

my 220 sdi does a very similar thing, feels a bit rough and nearly chokes if i dont give it enough 'go' when pulling away cold, once warm its miles better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ricc said:
sounds liek a typical cold diesel engione to me.

my 220 sdi does a very similar thing, feels a bit rough and nearly chokes if i dont give it enough 'go' when pulling away cold, once warm its miles better.
Its not that it doesn't have enough go, it just judders like hell when I pull off. It feels like the engine is bouncing around under the bonnet.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Its not the engine trying to stall...its definitely the clutch (noticed exactly the same mine when its being used (when cold)). Just find myself having to balance the throttle and clutch more.

Just to note: when its (really) cold the engine will also do the stalling thing too.

I loved to know if theres a cure?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
i had a problem once where it felt as though the car was going to stall and it also felt like the engine was bouncing around... turned out to be the diff bearin collapsing.

i hope for your wallets sake its not the same prob (doubt it is).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ricc said:
i had a problem once where it felt as though the car was going to stall and it also felt like the engine was bouncing around... turned out to be the diff bearin collapsing.

i hope for your wallets sake its not the same prob (doubt it is).
Hope not! Good job its still under warranty!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
If you have an OE clutch it is very common for them to judder when cold due to the lack of lead in them(because of legalities i believe)

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
just had a thought, prior to my diff bearing failing i had to replace the lower engine mount as the bush had gone in it..... that casued a fair wit of 'wobble'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts