MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I've been driving the car for a while, the clutch sometimes feels wonky, i.e. the normal biting point isn't there and I have to lift the clutch up further to go anywhere, and as a result the car pulls away a lot slower.

What could it be? Knackered clutch?

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
I would also like some info! Mines the same sort of thing, only once its warmed up and been out a while the clutch bites a lot earlier and lower up its travel. Im guessing something is heating up somewhere causing expansion?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I used to feel something like this. Was it like after you have been maybe doing stop start or travelled for some time, it feels a whole lot less "distinct"? By that i mean the bite it higher, and it doesnt feel as sharp, as if the clutch is worn out but only once its warm?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Don't take my word on this
#but i believe that the clutch has a hydraulic cylinder inside the bell housing ....once this cylinder begins to leak .......your quoted symptoms is what you will get ..
#
Now I think ..not sure ..that the bell housing and gearbox has to be separated to fix this problem .

Sorry to be the bearer of 'orable news ....or others please correct me on this if i am wrong..
all the best...mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts