Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heyyyy,
I have a Rover 25
Engine 16k4f
Transmission zf vt1-32a
Petrol
My question is can I swap my Zf transmission?
Is there a possibility of another model of automatic transmission that could work ?

***my current transmission makes a weird whirring noise , the dipstick has metal filings on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
mini Cooper r45 uses the same gearbox as r50, it is a very good gearbox if its maintenance is done on time, no CVT oil is put in this gearbox. ESSO EZL 799 anti-slip transmission oil and the filter in the gearbox should be changed at every oil change, the problems you mentioned are also experienced in vt1 gearboxes that are not properly maintained. oil is dead. Oil that loses its properties increases friction. This is why the metal parts you speak of were formed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mini Cooper r45 uses the same gearbox as r50, it is a very good gearbox if its maintenance is done on time, no CVT oil is put in this gearbox. ESSO EZL 799 anti-slip transmission oil and the filter in the gearbox should be changed at every oil change, the problems you mentioned are also experienced in vt1 gearboxes that are not properly maintained. oil is dead. Oil that loses its properties increases friction. This is why the metal parts you speak of were formed.

Great Thanks for the info !!! Will post an update

·
Registered
23 Posts
rover zf vt 1 32a, ZF , mini Cooper CVT Transmission VT1F 27T The difference between the two transmissions is the transmission brain. There is a slight difference between oil filters. Other than that, both gearboxes are the same. I hope your problem is solved. Do not forget to use original cvt oil, not every CVT oil is suitable for this transmission and the biggest reason for malfunctions is the use of faulty oil during oil change and not changing the transmission filter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rover zf vt 1 32a, ZF , mini Cooper CVT Transmission VT1F 27T The difference between the two transmissions is the transmission brain. There is a slight difference between oil filters. Other than that, both gearboxes are the same. I hope your problem is solved. Do not forget to use original cvt oil, not every CVT oil is suitable for this transmission and the biggest reason for malfunctions is the use of faulty oil during oil change and not changing the transmission filter.
I figured as much...I read a Ton of articles on the vt1-27f ......for some sort of compatibility info , the vt1-32a gear is on ground...... going to take it apart and try to repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello , Sorry for my approximate English ( im french ), I have the 2 boxes and I wanted to know if it was possible to use the internal components of the vt1 32a to repair my vt1 27t. First sight, the shell that is fixed on the engine is not the mm however the other is almost identical. My vt1 27t is broken due to a breakage and a bursting of the belt!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts