MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Z and F remap day!

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Kmaps 
#1 ·
Hi does anyone fancy this z and f re-map day its on the 18th of august. Were getting the re-maps done at the gaydon motor museum so going to make a real day of it :)

Cheers james

#7 ·
I'd quite like the pop in the exhaust that they can apparently provide, I'm looking at getting a nice new exhaust (any idea's where to go would be great btw) and think if I got a nice pop to go with it that would be sound

Plus it's my birthday on the 8th so I should have the doller :)

#10 ·
I'm interested in getting a decent exhaust myself, if not just a dual exit backbox.

sorry guys been busy its 200quid a map for certain as we have four people confirmed. From what fat head said these maps make a fairly big difference so sounds like there well worth there money. Also will be a great day out!!
200 Smackaroos... Just had my clutch done... £457 :( Will have to see if I have the dollar nearer the time.

#15 ·
It's definitely worth it. I can't say I've experienced an increase in mpg, although many say consumption is improved. Mine hasn't got any worse; but the throttle response and power curve is awesome. Perhaps my petrol consumption isn't any better because I'm using the car more and making full use of its potential :) It's a different car, and only for £200.

I didn't go for the pop-and-burble overrun because I would rather have a Q-car which doesn't flaunt the remap (and I've never really liked that and now I'm getting too old for that sort of thing anyway).

Matt, you'll need it done if you're going to keep up next time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#17 ·
It's definitely worth it. I can't say I've experienced an increase in mpg, although many say consumption is improved. Mine hasn't got any worse; but the throttle response and power curve is awesome. Perhaps my petrol consumption isn't any better because I'm using the car more and making full use of its potential :) It's a different car, and only for £200.

I didn't go for the pop-and-burble overrun because I would rather have a Q-car which doesn't flaunt the remap (and I've never really liked that and now I'm getting too old for that sort of thing anyway).

Matt, you'll need it done if you're going to keep up next time!
TBH, I have kinda resigned myself to never keeping up! :lol: I stick to the limits (unless overtaking) and have the smallest engine so kinda realised that! I'm still trying to come to terms with £200. I know its a good deal for a remap, but I just dont know what im getting as such, not sure how much difference I will see.

I know its only 200 notes but that could be put towards plently of other things atm so dont want to face disappointment
Only? :lol:
Yeah £200 could go towards my soundproofing, or my cambelt :(

#23 ·
To outline the benefits of the remaps these links give you an idea...

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=467365&highlight=ZandF
http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=470626&highlight=remap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-Rhxacb6cU

In summary all remaps from 1.4 to vvc add around 8-10% power, as well as noticeably enhancing throttle response and fuel economy..

There is also an option to take a superunleaded recal which will maximise output - for example there are quite a few 1.4 race cars running this who have commented positively..

Anyway, it's still unclear as to whether the Gaydon session is still on - can anyone interested add there names in the thread..

Cheers

#25 ·
I've not been advised of any official bookings for Gaydon this Saturday so I'm now assuming that the group visit isn't happening..

For info discount remaps will be available at the South mids Autumn Weekender Northampton on 1st Sept and now also available at the TraxSilverstone event on the 2nd!

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.