MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Don't know the car, he's probably done what I did and put the TF pods onto the MK1 door cards.

Don't know if it's such a good advert for Mike Satur though?
"Mikes been a big help"
"it's cooked three engines and blown three gaskets"
Think I'd have tried someone else after the second one?

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,188 Posts
Don't know if it's such a good advert for Mike Satur though?
"Mikes been a big help"
"it's cooked three engines and blown three gaskets"
Think I'd have tried someone else after the second one?
I have to say that was crossing my mind as well.

·
Registered
846 Posts
ditto!

Haha....3 engines and 2 gear boxes...!!
Plus so low the wheels disappear in the top of the arches!

I get the impression he has not got a lot of technical know how or any mechanical sympathy by the way the car is put together and is possibly driven. Thought it was an embarrassing advert for anyone with an interest in MGFs :O :shake: .

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bit of a charisma by-pass ... over 10 minutes - that was pretty hard work, but should be commended for the effort!

Just proves that bodykits and 15" alloys do not mix. 16s minimum. 17s preferred, although he did state he's normally on some 17" rover wheels. As has already been said, it's running far too low. Wonder what it looks like on the 17s ...

Those side skirts look so much like my MS SuperSprint kit it's scary. Wonder what they're made of?

That PiperX Viper ain't big enough for a 160 engine. They get asthmatic at the top end with the VVC.

What the hell was he doing to blow 2 gearboxes and 3 engines, the last of which has blown and required a head skim 3 times? That's at least 5 times! :wtf:

Crunching going into reverse? Put it in a forward gear before you put it into reverse! I thought everyone knew that ...

Adjustable rear camber arms were a limited run - there are (unfortunately) no more. I have a set ... :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Crunching going into reverse? Put it in a forward gear before you put it into reverse! I thought everyone knew that ...
Ha ha ha, of course everyone knows that...maybe you could just explain in more detail for those that didn`t .... :D :bazza:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Surely you're not serious? It's in the archives of about every MG focus BBS in the internet!

OK ... for those that don't know.

PG1 gearbox has no synchro on reverse, so you usually get a crunch when you try to use it. Solution is to synchronise the box by putting it into a forward gear (I use 4th because it's right next to it, but whatever makes you feel good ...), and whilst keeping the clutch dipped, put it into reverse. No more crunch.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Of course I knew that :banghead: , I just wanted you to say it for the benefit of those numptys who did not know :oops:

·
Registered
292 Posts
How about his side sills? Pretty close to Crapuccino´s SS steel items.
Good job there I´d say. IMO, a lot of people would be interested in a set

1 - 15 of 15 Posts