MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just finishing the next totalMG when the bad news came in. We're going to make some last minute changes so we can include the views of MG enthusiasts.

What do you think should happen to MG? What are your thoughts on what has happened. Please email us ASAP at [email protected].

Not saying it will do any good, but at least it will help show solidarity.

Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
Phil Raby said:
Hi, just finishing the next totalMG when the bad news came in. We're going to make some last minute changes so we can include the views of MG enthusiasts.

What do you think should happen to MG? What are your thoughts on what has happened. Please email us ASAP at [email protected].

Not saying it will do any good, but at least it will help show solidarity.

Thanks

Phil

Well hopefully a miracle will happen and MG-R will survive. If not please let Ford have the Name (for 50 million pound) and give it to Land Rover or Aston Martin and the boys at Gaydon. Please, Please, Please do not let VW get the name. Nor SAIC Nor Toyota etc.... At least with Ford it would hopefully be run by PAG which is Primarily British.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,103 Posts
I hope that we hear the real story sometime soon; and that someone will take responsibility.

It would be nice to see someone actually raise his hand and say 'Yes, I am the one responsible for not getting the new MGB (which people all across the planet have been waiting for for 25 years) to market'.

oh well...

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
I hope the MG marque can be salvaged from this terrible mess, I assume MG Sport and Racing Ltd are not affected by the current situation regarding MG Rover Group, therefore there is every chance that the TF and perhaps even the ZT and ZT-T can join the SV at MG Sport and Racing.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
I don't think any profit is made from the 25/ZR and 45/ZS so it is unlikely they will be saved.

I would love to see someone rescue the 75, but can the Rover marque survive with just a single range of models as in time gone by ?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
*DLN* said:
I don't think any profit is made from the 25/ZR and 45/ZS so it is unlikely they will be saved.

I would love to see someone rescue the 75, but can the Rover marque survive with just a single range of models as in time gone by ?
Probably not with the one marque but they might possibly survive if RD60 is virtually done and can be made on the same line as the 75. However, in reality, RD60 is probably still too far away to come into the equation.

Anthony.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Development is one thing - putting into production something entirely different.

I would have thought as a bare minimum the 25 and 45 will disappear. Who knows, maybe SAIC will buy the production lines and rights to those cars?

That just leaves the 75 and TF. Could these be built in isolation? I have no idea. It would be nice to think they could, but for how long? What happens when the 75 needs replacing?

If Rover were selling 75s at £25000 each rather than £15000 each, there could be some viability to sell 40-50,000 cars a year. I can't see that being the case at the £15000 price range though...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I find it sad that as a country we plough billions each year into the EU which ultimately ends up subsidising what appears to be healthy French car manufacturers, to name one example, for very little return on our part!

Yet when a struggling British car company comes to the government for a bridiging loan - thats a loan not subsidy (which I assume means there is an intention for it to be paid back) - they won't help! The government should be ashamed of itself for allowing this to happen.

Its a sad sad day for MG Rover and the workforce.

Rant over....thats my views. I may be just as confused as the media are, but hopefully MGR will rise again!

·
Registered
mg_zt
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone who's emailed me - we've had literally hundreds of comments. The magazine's now off to the printers and we've included an extra two pages of your emails.

Time now to spare a thought for all the Longbridge workers who are facing a weekend of worry and uncertainty.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts

Well maybe you should think before coming off with mind bogglingly stupid statements like that, especially at a time like this. The fact is you don't know.

John :irked:

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
JohnSwitzer said:
Erm, not sure about Marcos, but hasn't Jensen gone bust? :err:

John
Yup, very promising and very tragic. Marcos has just released a new version of their Sportcar so they're still going strong...

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
JohnSwitzer said:

Well maybe you should think before coming off with mind bogglingly stupid statements like that, especially at a time like this. The fact is you don't know.

John :irked:
I think its fair to say MGR are not making profit on those cars

1 - 20 of 27 Posts