MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heading says it all:

You can ask the Phoenix 4 one question, and I mean ONE question, what would that be?

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
What can we as enthusiasts do to ensure that volume car manufacturing at Longbridge is continued and any job losses are minimised?

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JohnSwitzer said:
What can we as enthusiasts do to ensure that volume car manufacturing at Longbridge is continued and any job losses are minimised?
Excellent question.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
EssexMGR said:
The heading says it all:

You can ask the Phoenix 4 one question, and I mean ONE question, what would that be?
Well, on the off chance it is all over, it would have to be.

What you drinking mate ?

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
EssexMGR said:
The heading says it all:

How close was RDX/60 to production, and how much money would guarantee that it would get there?

·
Registered
mg_maestro
701 Posts
Why did you waste money devloping the £80,000 SV sports car when what the company needed was a new mid-sized family saloon to compete with other mainstream manufacturers?

·
Registered
882 Posts
How much investment is needed to bring each of the development models to market?

MGTurbo said:
Why did you waste money devloping the £80,000 SV sports car when what the company needed was a new mid-sized family saloon to compete with other mainstream manufacturers?
Autocar quoted Peter Stevens as saying that SV development cost "probably about the same as BMW would spend on a seat fabric". Stevens estimates that to complete American homologation would cost around £260k.
The SV may now be one of the more attractive, valuable and viable parts of MGR, and as such it was a good investment.

Remember that MGR bought Qvale (for peanuts) while TWR were still happily engineering the (on schedule at the time) medium car for them.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
MGTurbo said:
Totally agree,
Plus I would add to Kevin Howe who was on holiday in Miami how do you sleep at night?

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Quite what the SV has to do with anything I am unsure.

Firstly is cost peanuts to develop.

And secondly, the project is completely seperate from MG Rover Group Limited. The car was developed by MG X80 Limited, a company managed by Peter Stevens. And secondly, the car is today produced through MG Sport & Racing Limited which is not in administration.

John

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Plus I would add to Kevin Howe who was on holiday in Miami how do you sleep at night?

Give the guy a break, Perhaps he was as caught out by all this as the rest of us.

John

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
xerif said:
Totally agree,
You really do love to p*** people off don't you. Virtually every post from you lately is negative and downright depressing. If you are that depressed, why don't you go off and slit your wrists and leave us in peace.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you really buy the company from BMW believing that you could make a go of it or did you see it as an opportunity to line your own pockets (as much of the press believes) whilst making it appear that you were doing it in the wider interest?

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Well if (as suggested in The Sunday Telegraph), Phoenix Venture Holdings is about to go into liquidation, these guys could loose everything... so any allegation of pocket lining appears rather unfair and untimely.

John

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
EssexMGR said:
You really do love to p*** people off don't you. Virtually every post from you lately is negative and downright depressing. If you are that depressed, why don't you go off and slit your wrists and leave us in peace.
I quite agree with you.

This is my last post on the forum: it's going to be classic car club forum by next Friday in any event so hardly of any real importance any more.

I hope MG as a brand survives and that some of the staff , suppliers and dealers can find some salvation.

But when the truth emerges about how PVH totally mismanaged MGR then I suspect a lot of the true believers in this forum are going to look very silly for having swallowed the tissue of lies and spin from Longbridge even to the point of denying it was in administration.

One final word. The CityRover.

The final new Rover. How could you honestly believe there was any future when this travisty wore the same badge as a Rover p5?

RIP.

·
Registered
rover_800
3,497 Posts
xerif said:
I quite agree with you.

This is my last post on the forum: it's going to be classic car club forum by next Friday in any event so hardly of any real importance any more.

I hope MG as a brand survives and that some of the staff , suppliers and dealers can find some salvation.

But when the truth emerges about how PVH totally mismanaged MGR then I suspect a lot of the true believers in this forum are going to look very silly for having swallowed the tissue of lies and spin from Longbridge even to the point of denying it was in administration.

One final word. The CityRover.

The final new Rover. How could you honestly believe there was any future when this travisty wore the same badge as a Rover p5?

RIP.

I hope it is your last post! BYE!

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
the tissue of lies and spin from Longbridge even to the point of denying it was in administration.

In fairness, MGR denied they were in receivership, contrary to what Ms. Hewitt had suggested at the time. Additionally, I would suggest it was good practice for MGR to inform its employees first, before making any formal announcement - as I understand they did.

Ms. Hewitt's utterances turned out to be wrong and still are wrong... but she has perhaps by either incompetence or design, signed the death warrant of MGR as we know it :irked:

Finally, CityRover was not the last new Rover. There is something else wearing a Rover badge that is only months away from production. And for me that is one of the biggest potential tragedies in this whole sorry mess... the last Rover is a car that perhaps we'll never know just how good it really is :irked:

John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts