MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my alt light doesnt come on when the key is on pos 1.
But when running I'm getting 13.xxV across all wires on the alitinator + battry.
I've tryed swaping the bulbe with one I know that works but thats not made a diffrence. I got 0.03v across the bulbe terminals but it's a cheap multimenter so I guess it's 0v :(

I thought you needed the light to come on to get any power from the alt.

Any ideas?
Oh it's a mk1 620ti.

Cheers
dan

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
use a continuity checker to check that small wire which attaches to the alt and to the dash to say if working properly.. all i can say. if its been frayed that could be your prob.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Position 2 is ignition not position 1 so nothing will light up in position 1 if it's ignition related such as charging/alternator/battery.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
as long as the battery ist going flat then there ist a really cause for concern. when the engine is running and the battery light is on, then that means the alt ist working.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dac it is a consern if your having to do 400+ odd miles of road you dont know. Last thing I want is to be in the middle of nowhere to find the alt has given up but the light isnt working.

Anyways, took it to a autoelectrishion today who replaced the regulator as it was knackered.

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts