MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
time has come to sell my red beast :(

im gutted about selling my bike but am in the need of a small car for work purposes

its a 53 plate, has 13k on the clock, is in perfect condition

has a nice tail tidy and a datatool alarm (cheaper insurance), ill also throw in a python padlock (cheaper insurance quotes!) and my gloves etc if you need em

has 11 month tax, cant remember mot but its a good while yet.....

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well been thinking about getting a smart roadster for cheapness to run, but to be honest im seriously thinking of just using the bus as id only use it to go to work......

maybe get a bus pass this month and see how things pan out

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
19,225 Posts
smart roadsters are quite good ive heard, there is a smart dealership up stockton road :)

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers john, theres one along next to blaydon i think, just passed the lighting centre, next to the jag dealership

im a proper tight arse though so ill end up buying one privately if i do get one! :lol:

dealers are always good for test drives though

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
19,225 Posts
cheers john, theres one along next to blaydon i think, just passed the lighting centre, next to the jag dealership

im a proper tight arse though so ill end up buying one privately if i do get one! :lol:

dealers are always good for test drives though
well if you do go for a test drive, check the brabus one out :bandit:

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blimey that was a quick sale, who bought it?? was it bazza :lol:
some kid from edinborough came down on sunday, took one look at it and handed me an envelope stuffed with cash......no faffing around

was class, hardest part was pushing it onto his truck - dons is such a womanly weakling! :lol:

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
or worse was it scotish money :bigeyes: :lol:
haha yeah, was mostly scottish, loads of scottish 50 quid notes, which id never seen before, a few enlgish ones too!

was a proper wad of cash!

my cousins paying it in the bank for me today - so fingers crossed its not dodgey! :lol:

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
id love a smart roadster, good on fuel, sporty and modern looking.
Sporty?! Give over! My old 214 had more sportiness to it!

0-60 in 10ish seconds. Jesus, might as well walk!
They're pig ugly too. But that seems to be a Smart speciality.

But seeing as dee* owned a TF, I doubt shes bothered by the fact they don't make roadsters anymore and Smart aren't far from "doing a Rover".

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i dont care whether they are making them are not, why should i?

it i sporty for a 600cc engine though - its only 2 secs slower than your engine which is three times its size ;)

beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that

doesnt matter anyrate going to get a vespa instead! :lol:

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
But seeing as dee* owned a TF, I doubt shes bothered by the fact they don't make roadsters anymore and Smart aren't far from "doing a Rover".
i dont care whether they are making them are not, why should i?
I think you missed part of my post.... :_poke:

it i sporty for a 600cc engine though - its only 2 secs slower than your engine which is three times its size ;)
Imagine how quick the TF would be if it was made of plastic too! :hyper:

beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that
Yup, and the abismal(sp?) sales of the smart roadster show I'm not alone!

doesnt matter anyrate going to get a vespa instead! :lol:
I'd sooner have a Vespa too! I wish I could do without a car!

·
Registered
228 Posts
i like the smart roadster,but they appear to have meddled too much with a silly auto gearbox etc.

now if the gang gordon murry is involved in get it right it will be a manual,lighter, with less silly tyres and i`d like a diesel that i can run on veg ta very much.

Forget that R6 would be better

1 - 20 of 20 Posts