MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went to Max Power Live where there was a very nice XPower stand and I noticed all the MG's had XPower badges instead of MG badges!! Are these available to purchase??? Will they be released ever??

·
Registered
540 Posts
graham_minshull said:
I recently went to Max Power Live where there was a very nice XPower stand and I noticed all the MG's had XPower badges instead of MG badges!! Are these available to purchase??? Will they be released ever??
Haven't seen any as yet, but i am keeping my eyes open.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
If you mean to solid alloy MG X-Power badges as found on the SV, then yes they are available to buy from X-Power. I picked up a couple from Silverstone for £10 each with the intention of using them to replace my de-laminating MG ones, but they are quite a bit bigger than the standard ones so won't fit, and will only fit on a flat surface. Suspect this means they can't be used on other MG's to replace the standard bagdes either as most have the badges recessed into the bumper or fitted on a curved section :(
I'll take a pick of one when I get home.

·
Registered
540 Posts
SHARKYMGF said:
If you mean to solid alloy MG X-Power badges as found on the SV, then yes they are available to buy from X-Power. I picked up a couple from Silverstone for £10 each with the intention of using them to replace my de-laminating MG ones, but they are quite a bit bigger than the standard ones so won't fit, and will only fit on a flat surface. Suspect this means they can't be used on other MG's to replace the standard bagdes either as most have the badges recessed into the bumper or fitted on a curved section :(
I'll take a pick of one when I get home.
They aren't stupid are they, i very much doubt they want every MG owner buying them to put on there cars.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
MAT C on the XPower forums has silver looking Xpower badges front and back on his boot handle and grille on his ZR.

His ZR is sometimes a show car for Xpower, so maybe his are different?
They looked fine from where i saw them, but didnt look close to see if they had been cut etc.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I just had a look at the pics of Mat's car in the XPF gallery and they look like standard MG badges to me :confused:The ones I have are machined from solid alloy like these:

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
I have one in Scarlet too (on the T-Bar in the cabin).

Like Sharky i too got mine from the X-Power stand at Silverstone.

I'll get a pic tonight when i get home :)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Marcellus160 said:
There is one for sale on ebay right now!!!
& if you read the desrciption it doesn't actually say its a replacement for the standard badge, just that it can be fitted 'inside or out'. it does say its 85mm diameter though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts