MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to source one of these kits in order to fit fog lights to my 220 SDi which didn't come with any. The Rover Part number is XBQ100650, Rimmer Bros have them listed at £190 which I think is a bit steep.

Does the online shop have any of these or are they able to get any. I've tried XPart dealers and they don't even recognise the Rover number.

I know everyone says go rip out the loom from a scrap car but most cars fitted with these as standard had it wired as part of the main loom and i'm after the sepereate kit in order to fit it to cars which didn't have them as standard so later on if needed and I sell the car I can sell them on again.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I missed out on one a few months ago due to the guy not letting me do pay on collection even though he was only 10 minutes down the road from me and all the one's since have been for the 400/45's etc which have different switches so I can't use them :(

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Does the online shop have any of these or are they able to get any. I've tried XPart dealers and they don't even recognise the Rover number.
I'm surprised at this. The part is listed in the current MGR Parts Catalogue, they can't be looking very hard.

The price quoted by Rimmers is the standard retail price.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
dean if you tell me what needs removing there is a 25 with 1 fog and all the connectors at the scrappy near me. all you need to do is let me know what to remove and ill go and grab it for you.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not quite that easy Simon. I already have both foglights, surrounds, relay and switch but just need the wiring loom that came as part of the foglight kit.

In order to remove one from a car which already has them as standard you'd need the complete wiring loom from a diesel (not an easy task).

Looks like i'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the kit then sell on the foglights etc and recoup some of the costs.....

I might even have a word with a company we deal with at work who make our engine looms up, once i've got the loom i'm sure they could probably make some up for future use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts