MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill try and keep this as short as poss.
I want a performance exhaust for my BRM. I like the sound and look of the xpower axhaust however it seems to be overpriced just cause of the name.
So what else is gonna give me the same noise?? i dont want anything sounding 'chav-tastic' but the noise from the x power i heard on a ZR 160 was very impressive.
Also, a TF exhasut would look great. anyone done this? is it easy?
AHH soo many questions ... ill leave it at that for now

Antony

p.s. only had my BRM for less than a week. upgraded from a MK2 Golf GTI. and all i can say is WOW !! soo much fun and leaves the golfs well behind

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Try power flow mate.You can have a choice of tail pipes & how loud/quiet you want it.
With reference to going from a mk2 Golf GTi to the brm give it a couple of weeks untill all the squeakes/rattles start to get on you'r ti*s you will wish you had kept the VW.I know i went from the mk2 GTi to a ZR & wish i had stuck with the VW GTi's.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
flintsigs said:
oh the difference between a 8k zr and a 17k 1.8 BRM LE
F*ck all mate still made by MG/Rover.And i dont think he will have paid 17k for the brm i think they stoped making them a while back.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
obviously but the zr's are 8 k brand new or even cheaper for the base model and a BRM brand new wud have set u back close to 17k. my VI is a far better put together car than my 214 but they are both rover 200's.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Book price for a fullt specc'd ZR160 is a bit more than 8k and would then be a reasonable comparison.

Janspeed do the Xpower exhausts, so go direct to them as they do a Vi one which is what you would need.

Powerflow can make you one, but as most people here have found, the power gains they get from the VVC are next to nothing in comparison to a proper flow tested one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts