MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my car serviced, and it needed new rear tyres, plus the passenger front was only a couple of mm over legal. Driver front was fine due to uneven wear which they've allegedly sorted with a geo scan thingy.

But this was X-Part, who I thought were supposed to know their stuff. Luckily, having read all the tyre stuff on here, I questioned what they were putting on, and was told D2s on the back, and if I wanted the front done too it would be a D3. I brought up the fact that MG and Goodyear had issued the warning, which they knew nothing about, but having read the theory that D3s are fine if fitted all round, explained this to them and said to replace them all with D3s, only for them to go, "right, so we'll replace all three then, but you want D3s on the back instead of D2s, yeah?"

Doesn't fill me with confidence really...

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think its luck of the draw with Xpart centres,i took ours to the local one for new front discs and pads.After taking a look at the car and plainly seeing that it had AP`s on the front proceeed to order the 240mm discs instead of the 304mm :slap:,which resulted in them having the car for an extra 2 days whilst they tried to get the right sized discs :shake:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts