MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
what a guy
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright chaps, I'm starting to think about what I can do with my stereo because the stock one is pretty poor really.

I came accross this website

www.theloudest.co.uk

Just wondering if anybody knows weather they're any good? Their products seem very impressive but I'm wondering if theres any particular reason for them being so cheap (maybe because they're bad lol).

cheers

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm not really an expert, but I know enough to know that loud doesn't always mean good. They do seem very cheap, but thats not always a good thing either. Someone will be along soon who knows a lot more than I do.

BTW, while you waiting, check out www.caraudiodirect.co.uk. They do quite an impressive range of kit, and you can get free PandP if you become a supporter;).

Rich.

·
what a guy
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers, yeah that might be worth doing.

I'm thinking of putting some kick ass speakers in my front doors, and some nice 6x9s ont he parcel shelf but from what I've read the 6x9s aren't a wise choice?

any body got any good ideas?

I was also playing witht he idea of getting a sub in the boot but not too sure yet. Possibly getting some VERY good components in the standard place int he back and amping them up?

I don't know, any ideas would be great, but my budget is pretty tight. I'm hoping not to spend more than £200 for the lot (already got a decent head unit).

cheers

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Amped components in the front would be the first direction to go in, someone else should be along soon to recommend some decent kit, but £200 isn't really going to get you a lot.

If that's all you can go to you should probably get one thing at a time, rather than use the £200 for everything and end up upgrading everything again when you've got more money.

Having said that, £200 would get you some decent components & an amp, Have a look the Alpine type S components.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm using their 4,000w Class D Amplifier I've given it some abuse(even connected 2 big PA speakers up to it to see what it was capable of and not killed it yet :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's not actually BS claims.... the amp has been in my car nearly a year no problems(I've seen a lot of far more expensive equipment die before that) and when it was running the PA speakers it was pushing them hard and they aren't low rated either.... each cab handles 500RMS *EDIT* Nearly forgot thats at 8ohms

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
It's not actually BS claims.... the amp has been in my car nearly a year no problems(I've seen a lot of far more expensive equipment die before that) and when it was running the PA speakers it was pushing them hard and they aren't low rated either.... each cab handles 500RMS *EDIT* Nearly forgot thats at 8ohms
It is actually BS claims .. they lie about the power their amps put out - simple as.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
their sub boxes look oversized to me:

doesn't look like it was made for sound quality and fidelity.
their 6x9's are funny, on one pic they say they have huge magnets, in another you can see that the magnet is not that big. my kenwoods have bigger magnets.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
their sub boxes look oversized to me:

doesn't look like it was made for sound quality and fidelity.
their 6x9's are funny, on one pic they say they have huge magnets, in another you can see that the magnet is not that big. my kenwoods have bigger magnets.
so your kenwoods weigh 116oz each or more id like to see which model you have, i really think you are talking about kit you have never used and judging it based on pictures do some more reserach or test some out before making claims about stuff being b.s

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I don't care how much they weigh, we're not talking about bags of potato here. I'm talking about size. they say huge, but it's not.

does this look like a 1000w speaker to anyone?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
the brand is "theloudest.com"??
founded in 1990? there was no public internet in 1990...

LMAO at their awesome 6x9's install:

you can tell what kind of consumers they're after from that pic.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
sorry i dissagree with you there have used lots of there kit and its build quality and sound quality has been great i have installed a 10k system in a car with there stuff and it was amazing to say the least.
Talk is cheap.. back it up with something.

A 10K SPL system that's won a competition - year, owner and competition please?

The fact of the matter is that it's cr4p .. whether it's a £10k pile of cr4p of a £50 pile of cr4p doesn't really matter.

Tell me why 0 serious competitors, in the UK, Europe or USA use "theloudest.com" equipment? In fact, tell me why such a bargain (everyone always loves a bargain) brand is UK, and Internet only? Where's the distribution network? Where's the factory? Where's anything, other than a remarkably poor website and a load of gullible customers?

Take said amp/speakers and swap them with something proper and see what happens :)

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
is this the same stuff that was rubbished over on talk audio for the wild power claims? did they not strip an amp down to make fun of it?

I'm always wary of manufacturers that quote max power in every bit of literature they supply.

·
Registered
94 Posts
is this the same stuff that was rubbished over on talk audio for the wild power claims? did they not strip an amp down to make fun of it?

I'm always wary of manufacturers that quote max power in every bit of literature they supply.
From my memory, sort of. I think what was said was that there is a chance the amp could actually get near the rated power output but with a stupid amount of distortion.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts