MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right one for the gurus, i am not expecting this to make a huge impact like extra 10bhp but more of an subtle improvement in the rengines response so please no replies about how it's just going to be a placebo effect.

ok story so far, i have fitted a 52mm throttle body to my 1.4 R25, did this casue it was only the 84ps version. Since then i have been happy with the improvement, but i have now got a 160 airbox. This is slightly larger than the standard airbox i got at the mo. what i am wondering is if i swap the boxs over do you think it would make an improvement what with the larger throttle body.

what i am thinking that with the extra dimaiter of the larger throttlw body a bit of extra air will help. but will it????

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
cheungy said:
right one for the gurus, i am not expecting this to make a huge impact like extra 10bhp but more of an subtle improvement in the rengines response so please no replies about how it's just going to be a placebo effect.

ok story so far, i have fitted a 52mm throttle body to my 1.4 R25, did this casue it was only the 84ps version. Since then i have been happy with the improvement, but i have now got a 160 airbox. This is slightly larger than the standard airbox i got at the mo. what i am wondering is if i swap the boxs over do you think it would make an improvement what with the larger throttle body.

what i am thinking that with the extra dimaiter of the larger throttlw body a bit of extra air will help. but will it????
A larger air box aint gonna do nish. The engine will only suck in whatever air it needs no matter what air box you have and the one you already have is perfectly up to the job.

You may find a little better response if you put an enclosed induction filter on there, but don't expect anything major.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
The only thing that would help with the bigger filter is forced induction.

However, being the 1.4 it's not worth going to all that effort.
If you have a good panel filter such as K & N or Green or ITG then that's the best you can do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts