MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
mg_6_magnette
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Cesar live in Lima-Peru I have a MG6 Magnette I changed my brake pads MG6 Magnette but the warning light continues to indicate worn pads can be wrong.
maybe you need to restart the computer signal pads worn

I thank you your answer

·
Registered
933 Posts
My name is Cesar live in Lima-Peru I have a MG6 Magnette I changed my brake pads MG6 Magnette but the warning light continues to indicate worn pads can be wrong.
maybe you need to restart the computer signal pads worn

I thank you your answer
Dentricrio is correct. Once the warning light has come on then the sensor is destroyed and it must be replaced.
It cannot be reset using the computer.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
And that's progress??
Same on my Golf, my wifes MINI and both of my previous A4's. The MINI even tells me how much life is left in them and its quite accurate. It still needs replacing though when the pads do.

Suspect due to the many different types of pads available the sensor needs to work from the car and not the pad. There must be a genuine reason why manufacturers cannot get a sensor to last more than one set of pads - or at least one that doesnt cost a fortune!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
on modern cars the sensor is a wear down material that usualy breaks the circuit when the pads get low, light comes on. that's why it needs replacing once its worn down its dead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts