MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week of first for my ZR105 mk2 that i have had now for about 6 weeks.

I have owned a few modded cars before Saxo's, Golfs, Peugeots but vowed never to mod again. THE BUG HAS BITTEN though and i just couldnt help myself when i got paid this month.

So on this month went............

• Ashley Competition Exhaust - Oval Exit
  • KN57i GEN2 induction kit with customised air feeds
  • Debadged rear
Next is lowering, wheels and windows tints.

Any advice on drop to take? Currently running on 16'' wheels but planning 17 or 18

·
Registered
714 Posts
Kepp to 16s :)

Mush better handling and wont effect the rolling radius!!!

What suspension are you thinking of? Personally, when i get round to doing mine, its gonna be on coilovers! After having them on my Honda's i wont go for any other suspension kits!

Sounds all good tho what youve done so far, get some pics up!!!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
18,048 Posts
well 17" straights are standard on the ZR and 16" tyres can be more expensive/the same price as 17" due to the fact they aren't common

so I wouldn't worry too much about rolling radius'

·
Registered
19,006 Posts
well 17" straights are standard on the ZR and 16" tyres can be more expensive/the same price as 17" due to the fact they aren't common

so I wouldn't worry too much about rolling radius'
yup, as the 17" are lower profile in most case thus the radius being almost always the same or very similar.

Anyhooo, if you have lots of cash i.e £700+ to spend on suspension go for coil overs. If not get a set of avo springs and 17" wheels. Your car will be similar to this drop and you'll have money left over for 17" wheels(a lot of people were surprised at how low the car looked and thought i had coilovers), plus it cleared speed bumps easy:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yeh - its a good buy at that. I need the ZR dampers thou - the 25 ones cant handle the AVO's
and your still using the dampers? i would sell them off long as they aint knackerd!

i just bought my self full set of dampers n springs from 53 plate zr, hoping it dont drop too far... :err:

·
Registered
714 Posts
So where's the best place to get the Avo springs??

As i said before i really wanna stick to coilovers but yeah, £700 is a fair whack! Only cost me £500 for the ones on my Honda's and they were more or less one of the best out on the market unless you wanted in-car control over them!

I take it to source some MG shocks just hunt around the breaker yeards?

The pics of your MG look class tho :D Looks just the right drop and the straights look mint! Im watching some MGM/Gridspokes on Fleabay at the moment, dont see them up that often! Theyre my fave MG/Rover alloys :D

Ta :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts