MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, before I switch by broadband to talk talk, I thought I'd try out Eclipse's LLU product.

It just got activated today and although the modem is reporting a downstream speed of 4360kps the speed test on ADSLGuide.org.uk is reporting a speed of around 2300kps.

Uploads are a stonking 832kps though - I now upload as fast I was downloading last week! lol :D

If Talk Talk is this good (and its a LLU product too, so it should be), I'll be well happy.

Lets hope their infrastructure can take all these connections....!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
be interesting to see the results of this.

although I likes me 10mb down - could do with a bit more up.

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
empsburna said:
be interesting to see the results of this.

although I likes me 10mb down - could do with a bit more up.
Code:
[FONT=Courier New]                             download            upload
Connection Speed           4352 kbps           832 kbps          
Line Attenuation             58 db              15.5 db          
Noise Margin                  7 db               9 db
[/FONT]

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
when I say results, I mean how stable it is etc - can't fault Telewest at all really and dont fancy paying line rental on another line for little return!

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I know, I just wanted to post the stats! lol

I'll have this for a month and then switch to Talk Talk. Bearing in mind the service is vertually identical, only TT have a 40GB cap - Eclipse are asking £50pm for it!! Where as TT is free.

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
empsburna said:
ah, not interested in a capped service!
Depends what you use your internet connection for though, I doubt I use anywhere near 40GB....

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Is it 40Gb total, or 40Gb peak?

Lots seem to be going for the peak options these days.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
SteveChilds said:
Depends what you use your internet connection for though, I doubt I use anywhere near 40GB....
*cough*

very possible :(

Just wish I could get my hands on a LES circuit :hyper:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
In the world according to my dad we're meant to be on ntl 10Meg. Running the speedtest on adslguide shows:

Downstream 3,610.0 Kbps ( = 3.5 Mbps )
Upstream 481.3 Kbps ( = 0.5 Mbps )

Closer to the 4Meg I thought we were on. Granted I'm using my wireless connection to run the test it should still be higher. Wish I could run the test on the desktop but the pc is so knackered it won't even load the Java applet even though I reinstalled the Java Environment.

NTL are now removing their 75G cap and making it unlimited. They obviously have a lot of competition with the likes of TT.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Caz said:
In the world according to my dad we're meant to be on ntl 10Meg. Running the speedtest on adslguide shows:

Downstream 3,610.0 Kbps ( = 3.5 Mbps )
Upstream 481.3 Kbps ( = 0.5 Mbps )

Closer to the 4Meg I thought we were on. Granted I'm using my wireless connection to run the test it should still be higher. Wish I could run the test on the desktop but the pc is so knackered it won't even load the Java applet even though I reinstalled the Java Environment.

NTL are now removing their 75G cap and making it unlimited. They obviously have a lot of competition with the likes of TT.
if it is anything like TW - get your modem changed - its a known one. although it is uncapped the modem can't handle it. TW swapped out my old one within 3 days.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Well we are supposed to have 8Meg broadband from BT today.

However it says download 1.8 and upload 0.4!Mbps

It says it can take 10 days to find the optimum speed.
I bloody hope so, i was on 2.2 yesterday!?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts