MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, took the F out for a ride longer than the usual 12mile crawl to work through London and noticed a couple more quirks.

From cold start, or after being in stationary traffic for a while (broken down vehicle ahead on single lane) she has the tendancy to shudder when the clutch begins to bite, but only after shes been in traffic or from cold. Normal driving seems okay and after a breeze of a few miles and then a stop - no shudder? weird huh?

Also, between around 57mph and 63mph the body and steering shakes quite a bit, before and after being smooth as normal. Tracking? Balancing?

Cheers as usual !

Si

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Si

The moving shudder sounds like balance to me, probably wheels but possibly disks.

My F (and the TF slightly less) was fussy about all 4 wheels being balanced correctly - in fact I seemed to have more problems if the rears were out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info - so, I reckon I need to get them balanced and the alignment checked. Does the alignment have to be a four wheel laser job or can it cimply be done the old fashioned way?

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Can be done with string and a flat concrete drive but best if done laser way. All 4 wheels of course. Also all 4 wheels to balance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers sprinter - now i just need to find somewhere that does laser tracking in nw kent

ta muchly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts