MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a full RAC inspection of my MGF today to spot any faults etc which I can (hopefully) get sorted before my warranty runs out.

It's one of those things that in a way i'm not looking forward to seeing the list of 'must do's' after, but at the same time will be reassured to have had a pro check her over.

Anyone got any experience of these checks? Anything I need to know? Anything I should ask specifically to be looked at?

·
Registered
359 Posts
how long have you had the car and was it a dealer warranty?

I'm thinking this is a cunning plan for november/december this year before my dealer warranty runs out

/evil laugh

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only had it 3 weeks and warranty is 2 months dealer warranty (worth paper it's written on I wonder??)

So what's your plan? Any tips for me?

Depending on how they are when I go back following this inspection, I was thinking of taking their 'special offer' warranty for 12 months at £160 - I'm not sure what it covers though so will have to find out what's included before I sign up for this one.

·
Registered
mg_tf
390 Posts
Unde EU LAW when you buy a secondhand car from a dealer you have
a 1 year Warranty and thats the law in England as well. So how can a
dealer ony give you 60 days?

regards
trevor

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never heard of the 1 year warranty law either - do you have any more details? Luckily my check up went better than expected and so I don't need to call the warranty into play just yet.

The inspection didn't tell me anything I didn't already know about other than a couple of scratches that i'd not noticed before, so I feel a bit cheated after shelling out for it but also relieved that it didn't throw anything major up .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts